Challenge No. 63 - Who's the Boss? ~

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Welcome back to Challenge No. 63!
Such super fun cactus cards last week ~
Thanks so much to all of those who joined!

~ Winner of Challenge No. 62 ~

Congrats!  Please email me at jeannie.thomas@yahoo.com to let me know which card from last week you'd like as your prize, and include your mailing address.
 You have until Friday, 7/1 to claim it.

The Theme this Week is:
~ Who's the Boss? ~
Shabby Chalet has great organizing ideas!

Rules to Join Challenge No. 63 ~
Get out your Embossing Folders, and show me what you can do with them! I love to see new techniques too 
That's it! (No back-linking please)

Challenge Award The winning creation will have a choice of one of these 3 cards I've posted for this challenge, plus the Bonus package shown at the end of this post.

  Embossed Card No. 1 ~ Embossing folder and stamp from Tim Holtz (which can be found many places :)
I used a Distress Ink Watercolor Resist on the embossed background, click here for a YouTube tutorial.

Embossed Card No. 2 ~ Embossing star folder from Sizzix/Stampin' Up-
I sanded the edges of the stars just slightly. Love that look!

Embossed Card No. 3 ~
I used the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique for the background, and then used the same folder to emboss the top piece, and it's from Sizzix/Stampin' Up.

Cute Craft Idea of the Week:
Eco-craft ornaments   Empty aluminum soda cans   embossing supplies for hand embossing or a machine that will emboss   Sharpie Metallic Markers- fine or extra fine point   2 inch circle punch   1/4 inch hole punch   wire   beads:
Bonus:

In addition to choosing one of these 3 cards from this challenge, I am also including this Embossing Folder themed prize package :)

Boss Babe Fuel:

                                 



8 comments :

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats to the winner, Kathy! Wonderful embossing themed cards. I first learned to emboss the old fashion way with brass stencils, stylus & a light box. Then along came embossing folders. Have a Bee-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jeannie! You are so clever with your title "teasers" for the weekly themes. Very cute cards! I imagine you'll have your work cut out for you with this challenge! Have a great week. Hugs, de

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card samples are just gorgeous. Have a wonderful week.

stampedbyleslie said...

Your cards are just beautiful!!! I love all your challenges, and the inspiration you give to me with your works of art. Have a wonderful day!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Jeannie! I haven't played here in a while but I'm back! Your cards are gorgeous! Beautiful embossing! I know which one I would pick! Thank you for your challenge! Such a great theme! Congrats to the winner!

mulberry station said...

Jeannie, Thanks for stopping by the other day. Yes, it was a Bugaboo image. I didn't get my post ready the night before and I got up late to go to work....therefore, my post was added with nothing but the card. :) I am doing well. It has been pretty nice up here. I understand that it has been really hot down your way. I love your new blog. Judi and Arlana mentioned to me that you had started a challenge blog. I have always loved your cards.....Anyone should love getting one of them. I hope you are doing well too. I do think about you and wonder how you are doing from time to time. Take Care!

Carol Dee said...

Great card samples, especially liking card 3. I think I need to make a sample set of all my folders like Shabby Chalet did.

Paula said...

Jeannie... Just found your blog because Lydia from Splitcoast Stampers featured your coffee embossed card on Facebook.... which linked to the card posted in your Splitcoast gallery. And of course you had the link to your blog listed, so here I am, LOL!!

Anyway.... the card was super cute! Loved it! That's why I stopped by, to tell you that... and then I saw you were in Phx... my hubby's and our kids hometown! :) ... until we moved to TX more than 20 years ago now... OK now I'm way off track!

I'm now following you on Bloglovin' cause I think your challenge blog is a great and unique idea. I just may have to join in on a challenge sometime :)

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs