Challenge No. 56 - Forever in Blue Jeans ~

Sunday, May 8, 2016


Welcome back to Challenge No. 56!
Your sweet Mother's Day cards last week will be adored for years to come ~
Thanks so much to those who joined!

~ Winner of Challenge No. 55 ~

Grab the Winner's Badge to display proudly (over to the right).
Email me at jeannie.thomas@yahoo.com to let me know which card from last week you'd like as your prize, and I will also need your mailing address. You have until Friday, May 13th to claim it.

The Theme this Week is:
~ Forever in Blue Jeans ~
(raise your hand if you remember this Tom Jones Song)

Jeans:

Rules to join Challenge No. 56 ~

Show me anything handmade and crafty that has the wide variety of bright to faded colors of Denim/Blue Jeans on it, or denim itself ~ That's it!

Challenge Award The winning creation will have a choice of one of these 3 cards I've posted for this challenge, plus the Bonus package shown at the end of this post.

Denim/Blue Jeans Card No. 1 ~
Featuring the coin pocket of a pair of my jeans that no longer fit :)

 Denim/Blue Jeans Card No. 2 ~
Digital Image: The Paper Nest


Denim/Blue Jeans Card No. 3 ~
 Except for the Denim paper...All Products: Close to My Heart



Cute Craft Idea of the Week:
Denim Fabric Baskets TUTORIAL... Turn the legs of your old jeans into fabric baskets. This tutorial gives measurements for making 3 different sizes of baskets ~ Threading My Way


Bonus:

In addition to choosing one of these 3 cards from this challenge, I am also including this Denim/Blue Jeans themed prize package :)

    



9 comments :

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful Denim Blue Jean creations. I believe that Neil Diamond is the singer of the song "Forever in Blue Jeans." I have enjoyed seeing Neil Diamond a couple times in concert. Yesterday hubby & I enjoyed a Beatles Tribute event in Dallas, TX that I had won tickets to from a radio station. Have a BEE-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Donna Ellis said...

Me! Me! I remember the song! And boy am I EVER "forever in blue jeans!" Love the big flowers in your pocket card! The checkered scalloped panel is delightful! I especially like the CTMH sentiment in card #3 - your blog posts are always so interesting. Happy Mother's Day, Jeannie! hugs, de who has pinned your designs again...

Janis said...

I remember Neil Diamond singing that song.....and myself along with the radio in the chemistry lab while my BF (now hubby of 35 years!) and I did our lab assignments. :)

Look at those adorable cards using denim!!! LOVE this theme!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Super cute cards Jeanie, I bet you have as much fun picking your challenges as you do making your cards. All 3 are so inspiring, so much so that I joined in again this week!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Jeannie, thank you for the invite.

I have also another card with jeans.
let me know if I can put it in also.
wanted to follow your blog but I can't find nothing.

Gr karin

Sunstamper said...

I love denim! Wish I had time to make more cards for this week. I'm inspired though. Thanks Jeannie!

Carol Dee said...

Forever in Blue Jeans (Are we aging ourselves?) LOL Thanks for another challenge to get the mojo flowing.

Billie A said...

Thank you for picking my card as a winner. Thank you DT for inspiration each week. Hugs

MiamiKel said...

Barefoot all the way! LOL! Lucky for me, we live in South Florida - if I were in snow, I'd be in trouble :) FANTABULOUS group of cards - what a fun theme, bluejeans! My daughter just sang at the rodeo in January so I just may have to CASE you here and make her a better scrapbook layout for the photos! Hugs!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs