Birds, Birds, Birds ~

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Last month I told you about a small little shop here called The Occasional Artist that has a monthly card extravaganza.  This month the theme was birds, and I chose 3 out of the 10 available to make.  First up is what I call Prince Bird, which is my favorite.  There's lots of glittery goodness and here is a close-up below to hopefully show some of it:
I did remember to jot down the name of the stamps this time, and this handsome fella is from Stampendous, the background swirls stamp is from Magenta, and the sentiment stamp is from American Art Stamp.

Next up is this fabulous hip and trendy little guy, where we used some metallic paint and watercolored it on, which I have never done before.  This stamp is from Stampendous:

Here's a close-up of what I'm talking about:
The glittery accents were done with stickles, but the blue and green are what we watercolored on.  I will have to invest in some of these fabulous paints in the near future I think :)

Well the third card is not as grand, but sure is tweet, haha:
Well it's 10pm here in my neck of the woods, and the "chirping" of the 5:15am alarm comes around way too quickly, so off I go...

2 comments :

Juls said...

These are all gorgeous, loving the bright green bird :-) xx

Carol Dee said...

Nice set of cards. I Especially like the 3rd! The middle one is CUTE.
My goodness another thing we have in common is our schedule. 10;00 p.m. is up late. Alarm set for 5:15 a.m. !!!
No work today. Schools closed due to COLD.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs