The Occasional Artist ~

Friday, December 5, 2014


Today I'm here to show you one of the cards I made at a little shop here in Glendale, Arizona called The Occasional Artist.

This charming old home has been turned into a stamping haven, and once a month they offer a Card Extravaganza.  They present 10 different cards to you that they have created, and you can choose all 10 or just 1 and make as many of each as you'd like for just $1 each!  All of the paper is cut and all of the supplies to make each one are in different "rooms" of this house, and you may learn a technique you've never done before to boot!

I chose 3 of the 10, and made several of each.  Me being me, I just made the card front, then brought them home and had to distress the edges and add another layer and few embellishments for my liking.  Completely OCD of me, and certainly not necessary, but I just can't help it!

They use the real deal in wood mounted rubber stamps, but I sure didn't think to get the names of them, so sorry about that.  For this one the background was stenciled, the tree and sentiment were stamps, and then on top of the tree there is a bit of sparkle.  I added some glittery snow below them too.

If you are in Arizona, may be visiting, or for that matter just want to take a road trip, I highly recommend this monthly gathering.  It's a great place to stop by anytime just to shop as well.  Of course I had to ask what the theme for January would be, and it's "birdies".....chirp, chirp :)

I haven't finished off the other two cards just yet, but I will share them with you over the weekend some time!

Happy Friday!


2 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Oh Fun! When I come to visit, I would love to see this great shop!

Ellie said...

A very beautiful card. Love the distressing and twine.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs