Blue Painter's Tape ~

Monday, August 25, 2014

I think chocolate cake with pink frosting would fix anything, how about you?  It's hard to see in this photo, but I learned a new technique over the weekend with the blue painter's tape.  I did it behind the stamped cake, but I should have used a bit darker ink. Basically you just cut a strip of tape off and use it as the stamp into your ink pad, put the tape on your cardstock, tear it off, and viola you've got an instant, and perfectly matched to your cardstock, background.  Who knew it would bring me such joy!

Here is the one that we made at the CTMH party I went to on Saturday, which shows it a whole lot better:
Such a happy and pretty card ~ So fun!

Cake Card:
Stamp - Close to My Heart - A Chocolate Affair set (I won it as one of the door prizes!)
Digital Sentiment - Create with TLC
Cardstock - Stampin' Up
DP - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes 6x6
Other Stuff - Doily, sequins, twine, blue painter's tape, ink, edge distresser, foam tape, and white glue.

Butterfly Card:
All products are Close to My Heart 



3 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Two very pretty cards today. I love the fun new technique. With 3 painters in the family I think I can get my hands on some of that tape! LOL

Carol Dee said...

AND, next time you manage to make it to IOWA I will provide chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting to go with out coffee. Deal?

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Lovely cards!

Susie

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs