Ham & BACON ~

Friday, April 11, 2014

It's a Hambo Stamps / Kevin BACON Blog Hop ~ Squeeel!!!
 We crazy Hambo Stamps Design Team gals decided it was time to have a little bit of fun, so using Kevin BACON (get it) movies we're having a Blog Hop and made some cards depicting one of his movies!  I chose Diner, yep it's an oldie from 1982, and I think this may have been his first movie after being on the Guiding Light soap opera.  Gosh, he's made so many awesome movies over the years that it was hard to narrow one down!  I love this Mouse Chef, and I thought he'd be perfect!
 
So are you ready to see the rest?  Guess what ~ there's a prize ($15 digi shopping spree) that will be awarded to one randomly-drawn hopper who leaves a comment at each post along the way!!  I'd love to hear what your favorite movie is of his too!

Here's the lineup:
1. Hambo Hoedown (Monica) - http://hambochallenges.blogspot.com/
 
4. Libby Hickson - http://stampinlibby.blogspot.com/
 
5. Jane Elizabeth France - http://janeelizabethssworld.blogspot.com/
   

7. YOU ARE HERE ~ 8. Jeannie Thomas 


The deadline for comments is Monday, April 14th, at 10:00PM EDT.
The winner will be revealed on the Hoedown Blog on Wednesday, April 16th.

Happy Friday!

Digital Image & Sentiment - Hambo Stamps - Mouse Chef
Sketch Challenge - Stick it Down 
Card Base - Stampin' Up
DP - Mom's Diner Cookbookin' Recipe Scrapbooking Kit (old)
Other Stuff - ProMarkers, pastel pencils, CTMH Dots, button, burlap string, round nestie, edge distresser, foam tape, and white glue.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

18 comments :

Juliana said...

Brilliant!
I LOVE your coloring, Jeannie!!!

Great movie--great card!!

Monica Hunter said...

Oh good - I was hoping someone would choose Diner! And your black/white checkerboard paper is perfect for that, as is the fun mouse image. Great job with this theme Jeannie! :)

Carol Dee said...

Cute card. (A movie I have never seen.) Have a fun Friday. hugs...

mypurplehouse said...

Love it!! I actually haven't seen that movie but the image made me think it immediately:) Great coloring and a truly fun card!
lyn

Jane France said...

Jeannie your cards are always soooo fun and never cease to put a smile on my face!! not seen this movie...(I think I was out night clubbing when all the Kevin Bacon movies were on!!!!) but love your choice of image for this movie. :)

My Lil' Bits said...

Sweet card!! It is so dinerish, is that a word? lol I love that little mouse..great job.

Lisa C

Juls said...

fun, love it!!!! Hugs Juls

Sherry Hickey said...

Now I want to rent "Diner"! This is a really fun card with a fantastic background; great job!

Libby Hickson said...

This is just too cute - and such a fun stamp for Diner!!

Joanna said...

You NAILED the Diner theme with your colors and those diamonds. So dang cute Jeannie! I love this.

Dawn Barrett said...

oh..funny. I forgot he was on Guiding Light. My mom's favorite soap..and the only one I ever watched to any degree! lol...great job reaching into the far reaches of the Bacon Fridge to pull this one out!

Blue Kube said...

Jeannie, you sure nailed the Diner idea with these colors. The background paper was a perfect choice. The diamond shapes and checker pattern are PERFECT! Great coloring on Mouse Chef, too. I always have trouble figuring out what color to use on the bottom of the cupcake, but you nailed it. I can't believe how many layers are on this card. Great job.

Pat said...

Oh my gosh I forgot about that movie! Your card looks so cute with Mouse Chef! Kevin Bacon really sizzled in this movie (pun intended). Thanks for sharing!

Crystal said...

Love it ....great paper and love the image.

Phillis Walrath said...

Cute card!! Love your details

Paula Riley said...

What a cute card. The pink, black & checkered colors are perfect for a Diner inspired theme.

Cherished said...

Cute Card. Thanks for playing at SID.

Monica Taylor said...

What a sweet card and great rendition of our sketch. Thanks for joining us this month over at Stick it Down. Monica, DT

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs