80's Flashback Blog Hop! ~

Friday, September 20, 2013

ET Phone Home!!   Yes that movie was circa 1982 and melted all of our hearts, didn't it?!  Ahhhh the 80's, I remember most of the those years (ahem), but I was in my 20's then, and I sure would go back and re-live it all over again in a disco ball heart beat!!

Welcome to "Hambo's Time Machine" sponsored by Hambo Stamps! Today Hambo friends and the Bacon Bits Design Team are bringing you fun creations that depict something cool from the 1980's!  It might be our favorite book, something in the news then, a fashion fad, a song, or something that really stuck out to us in looking back. If you arrived here from Deanne's Blog you are in the right place!  If not, you might want to start back at the beginning at the Hambo blog to make sure you are eligible for the hopper prize!

A prize will be awarded to one participant whose comic strip-themed creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way!  Another prize will be awarded randomly to a hopper who comments on all of the blogs along the way. The winners will be announced on the Hambo company blog, Talk to the Ham, on Wednesday, September 25, as well as at the Hambo Hoedown challenge blogWe love comments anytime, but the deadline for prize entry comments is Sunday, September 22 at 5 PM CST. Don't miss it!

 

My creation is reminiscent of that adorable "phone home" part of the movie, and if you've forgotten it here is a little film clip:

Now swing on over to Bridget's Blog for another great trip back to the 80's that will jog your memory -- or show you something you missed!

Digital Image - Hambo Stamps - Bad Connection
Cardstock - Stampin' Up
DP - Sassafrass
Sketch Challenge - Mojo Monday 311
Other Stuff - ProMarkers, edge distresser, burlap string, circle nestie, pop dots and white glue.

16 comments :

Hetty said...

Great movie! And such a great card in the 80s theme.And even the fall is there. Wonderful combination of all the elements.

Monica Hunter said...

Can you believe I've still never seen this movie?! But yes - a perfect choice of an 80s icon!

Dawn Barrett said...

I completely remember ET AND sneaking candies into the theater for that movie!! lol. It was a big deal to go watch it for our family!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Love your card. One of my favorite movies.Perfect for the 80's theme.

Carol Dee said...

Great take on the challenge. TGIF, hugs....

B Douglass said...

Oh! Great movie! And great card! Fabulous coloring and I love how you distressed the edges.

mypurplehouse said...

Perfect!! Love the papers too. That movie was sooooo awesome. The 80's really were the best!
Lyn

Sherry Hickey said...

Darling card!! Who doesn't love "ET"? Love your gorgeous layout, textures and distressing. Great '80s memory!

GregT said...

Jeannie, I was trying to think of the Hambo images I have and could have used if I had joined the hop. The first image I thought of was the Bad Connection image. I was trying to think of how it could be used. (Didn't come up with anything) You nailed it. Love all the colors also.

Jane France said...

Jeannie your card is soooo fun and vibrant, the way you have matched those papers is gorgeous, I love your thinking and I adore your card :)

My Lil' Bits said...

I love the image you used for your 80's theme!! :) The papers you chose were very pretty, and awesome coloring!!

Kecia said...

I would be embarrassed to tell you how many times I saw that movie when it came out. I was mesmerized by it. Thanks for bringing back that memory to me.

Judy Rozema said...

The distressing looks great with those primary colors and fun patterns! Beautiful coloring and design Jeannie!

Mel said...

Oh my goodness everybody loves this movie, your card is adorable!

Deborah Anton said...

The 80's wouldn't be complete without this movie included! How funny that I almost did this one! Your card is wonderfully done and I love all the cheery colors!!

Camille Short said...

Grand idea!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs