Sweet Sketch Wednesday 219 ~

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday 219!!  The sponsor of this week's challenge is Deidre Mosher Designs!  The digital image that I am using today is called The Great Indoors Real Woman....love it!

Deidre Mosher Bio
Wildly Whimsical and Seriously Sassy Art is definitely a trademark of Deidre Mosher.

I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.


As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the line art to pastels...having

fun adapting them to the latest project. I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, Klimt's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.  Any day in the studio is a great day!
 

I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.

The Grand Prize winner this week will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to Deidre's Etsy Shop! 

Digital Image & Sentiment - Deidre Mosher Designs
All Cardstock/Paper - Close to My Heart
Other Stuff - ProMarkers, burlap string, pink glitter gems/CTMH, Prisma glitter, flower adornment/Stampin' Up, pop dots and white glue.

 

12 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Interesting color combination. CTMH always has pretty papers. The twine and flower embellishment is sweet.

Joanna said...

You have THE most interesting papers. I would never have thought to use kiwi as a base but it WORKS! Great card.

Desire Fourie said...

This is just stunning with awesome design paper. Love the design and layers.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Desire Fourie said...

This is just stunning with awesome design paper. Love the design and layers.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Claire said...

This is a fab card, great layout. Hugs, Claire x

Holly Gwilliams said...

Gorgeous card Jeannie. Love your colours and your main backing paper is divine.

Have a great week.

Holly
x

mulberry station said...

Jeannie, I absolutely love this card. Your papers couldn't be more perfect and I love that fun image. Have a cool week. :)
Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Jeannie, I always love visiting your blog. This card makes me want to have a laid back relaxing day just like you have created. Lovely papers and fun flower embelly! Have a great week!
Hugs, Judi

Kathie said...

Hi Jeannie your card is simply divine. I totally adore your colour combo it's so perfect, cute image and your added embellishments couldn't be better. I adore your bow and wonder how you did it? Was it a double bow? Is the centre a button or a brad but what ever it is I'm in love it's just so pretty and couldn't be any more perfect than it is. I love it so much. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely wonderful Jeannie! A perfect image, lounging in a comfy chair with the laptop and a cup of coffee...okay, in real life, I'd be laying on the couch with my ipad and a Starbucks (ain't that the life). Fabulous papers and embellies too. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda

Heide said...

What a great looking card, such fun and funky colors. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs, Heide

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous colors!! And I LOVE the twine bow!! Super cute card!!
Blessings to you Jeannie!!
Sally

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs