Heartfelt Thanks ~

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hi and Happy Sunday!  Raise your hand if you used to do counted cross stitch, and now you have a big plastic bin of supplies that have been staring at you for um....8 years?!  Guilty!

Ok, let me start from the beginning.  The inspiration for my card today came from a card that I saw on Pinterest that I pinned to my card inspiration board awhile ago.  Recently while going through the closet that had the bin of supplies that makes me feel guilty every time I look at it, I pulled out a swatch of fabric with the intent of course to do something with it on a card.  So while looking on my Pinterest board for something to jump out and grab me, even though the original uses burlap, somehow it triggered a thought that maybe today was the day to use that swatch that's been staring at me on my desk.  Bleeker (my naughty but oh so cute puppy) actually helped out with this one.  You see if I don't push my desk chair in when I get up for like um 30 seconds, he will be on it and up on my desk to see what he can craft with.  Today it was this heart, so some of the distressing around the edges is actually some of his handy work!  

Anyway ~ Heartfelt Thanks goes to the original inspiration piece here from Andrea Ewen.  

Digital Sentiment - Pink Petticoat
Cardstock - Stampin' Up
Paper - My Mind's Eye-Bramble Rose 6x6 Paper Pad
Other Stuff - Cross stitch fabric, ink/cotton ball, edge distresser, lace, Bazzil button (why didn't I buy more at the outlet sale?), and white glue.
 
 

8 comments :

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful, from the monochromatic colouring and the distressed edges.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous card Jeannie - it has a real beachy theme about it - love the design and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Kelly said...

WOW...This is down right gorgeous. So beautifully done, a lot of thought went into this...guilt or no guilt it is fabulous!

Carol Dee said...

I love this. Hey. Blecker is pretty good at the distressing. :)

downrightcrafty said...

this is beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

Wishcraft said...

Oooooh I love how you've used the aida fabric, what a fabulous idea... need to dig out the old embroidery bag now!! Gorgeous card, I really love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sally Dube said...

LOVE THIS!! Striking!!

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Total awesomeness! I love it!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs