It's not what you've got...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our wonderful and talented sponsor this week is Deidre Mosher, who I admire and adore tremendously!

Deidre Mosher Bio:
Wildly Whimsical and Seriously Sassy Art is definitely a trademark of Deidre Mosher.    
I have been in the business of art for over 25+ years. Starting out as a fashion illustrator, moving into Art Direction, where I did everything from print to TV...and eventually I found my way back to illustration. My art is just plain fun and my love of color is clearly evident in the designs I create. I'm currently licensed with a variety of companies...my designs are used on craft products, greeting cards/paper products, kitchenware, business products and such.
I am first and foremost an...Illustrator and Designer. I am inspired by seriously sassy & bold colors, but also love the 'wow factor' of classic black and white designs. I'm crazy for stripes and dots, and they are a repeated theme in my work.
 As an Illustrator, I work in many mediums and styles, ranging from the line art to pastels...having fun adapting them to the latest project. I am inspired by some my favorite artists ...Matisse's use of bold color, Klit's knowledge of figures and lavish attention to detail, and Gauguin's wild approach to his subjects. They are all so 'awe inspiring'! I'm happiest when I am in my studio and starting a new project...making a mess, experimenting...and even throwing paint.
Any day in the studio is a great day!
I usually get an idea when I least expect it...so when the 'light bulb' goes off...I sketch and sketch and sketch...(hence the reason I buy tracing paper in bulk). I always begin with a pencil and paper, and it evolves from there. My favorite part of the process?? EVERYTHING...from beginning to end.
The Grand Prize Winner this week will receive a $10 Gift Certificate!!
Digital Image - Deidre Mosher Designs
Digital Sentimen - Create with TLC
Tan Cardstock - Random / All Other Papers - Deidre Mosher Designs(formerly Shirley's 2 Girls)
Other Stuff - ProMarkers, cricut flowers, craftworkcards candi, ribbon, pop dots, white glue.
Peace & Luv,

11 comments :

Kathie said...

Hi Jeannie, I do love this card, wonderful colours great image and those hot pink flowers are wonderful just perfect for this image. Take care and have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

mulberry station said...

super cute card Jeannie. I love how you popped the image panel and have layered the flwoers. Your papers are so bright an fun. Love it!!
Hugs, Nancy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adore this creation Jeannie! I love Deide's designs. Fab take on the sketch!

Linda Anderson said...

What a fabulous card!! Love your image, colors and papers. Simply wonderful. And congrats on your win over at Doodle Pantry!!!!!

Linda

Joanna said...

Crazy paper but it TOTALLY works with Deidre's image! I love the flowers you made too. Great all around.

Sally said...

Wonderful card Jeannie - Love that image and your papers are so fun!! Perfect sentiment too!!
Have a Blessed week - Sally

Heide said...

Your papers are so much fun with this card. Great work on the sketch.
Hugs, Heide

melody said...

lovin your card chickie...so bright and so cheery...and so fun! those colors are scrumptious!

Carol Dee said...

Fun image, I just realized I have one of her images in my stash.
Time to print and use it! :) Love the verse you chose to go with it. :) Hugs...

Arlana said...

Oh love those sweet papers, ribbon and embellishment.I have been loving your flower embellishment lately. Have a sweet day!!! Hugs Arlana

Sharon Basel said...

I just love these wild and wonderful papers and colors together - perfect with this image. You always have the perfect sentiments and this one is a terrific match with the image. Fun daisies too!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs