Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Our sponsor today is Di's Digi Downloads, which is where Cousin Carlie here is from. Isn't she just lovely? I truly enjoyed working with her and it took me quite awhile to get everything just the way that I wanted it. I was going for Bohemian magical, so how did I do? All of the cardstocks are actually from a winter set of cards from Joann's from last year. So I took one card, and then took probably 3 or 4 others and cut them all apart. Since they all coordinate, it was like working with a small stack really. I colored her in and then put some glitter on her collar, the bow around her dress and the bow in her hair. She's sitting in some faux "snow", and the snowflakes are a Martha Stewart punch with some added rhinestones. The ribbon is from a local scrapbook shop, there's some dragonfly brads, and she's popped up just a little bit.

So remember I told you on Monday that this is beautiful ladie's birthday week? Well today's card is for someone who's birthday is later in the week, but today is my good Iowa friend Carol Dee's birthday............HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL DEE!!!! I know it's all a bit confusing, but tomorrow you'll get to see Carol's card, and I so enjoyed making it too that I can't wait to show it to you! Working with new images/stamps can be so exciting!!

Well the sketch this week is another that you'll find so fun and easy to work with that you'll just have to join us for the chance to win 5 of Di's wonderful images for yourself. If you need some inspiration, well my fellow Design Team sistah's will not let you down. Head on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and check them all out and you'll see what I mean!

Have a very sweet Wednesday and take care!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

11 comments :

The Stamper's Touch said...

Jeannie, this card is stunning!!! The colors are simply magnificent!!! Gorgeous coloring too!! You rock girlfriend!

Linda

mulberry station said...

What a gorgeous card Jeannie. I love all your dragonfly's and snowflakes. Just the perfect touch! Your friend will love this card!
Hugs, Nancy

Kathie said...

Hi Jeannie, just love your card, while I was posting I kept looking at her I think it's her lovely hair and I adore your colours you've used. Those Dragonfly embellishments are just so perfect, it's a wonder that you want to use them, like a children with sweets their took good to use or eat. Love it love it love it.
Hugs
Kathie
P.S I had a very special birthday on Tuesday so happy birthday to your friend Carol she must me a neat person.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

She is such a sweet image and your colors and papers are wonderful! Very sweet and pretty card.

Carol Dee said...

JEANNIE
I love todays card and can't wait to see my card !!! Love you, hugs...

Sharon Basel said...

Oh Jeannie I love this! Cousin Carlie is so pretty painted up like you've done here! Great job on the coloring-its so perfect and so well coordinated with your scrumptious cardstock. Fantastic idea by the way. I've often looked at some of the premade cards and thought the patterns are so perfect but never thought of cutting them apart and using them like DP. A genious trick that really makes this card. Love those dragonflies too. Have a great week!
Hugs,
Sharon

Arlana said...

Oh Jeannie, I just love your sweet card. That images is colored so perfectly. Love the added dragonflies and your embellishments. Have a sweet day!!!

Wedgie said...

Lovely card Jeannie, definitly Bohemian magical! Love those colours, they all work so well together. Hope you're keeping well.
Wedgie xxx

melody said...

what a beautiful card chickie and wonderful inspiration! love that colored image..and that scrumptious pink bow ~ nice touch! beautiful work

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jeannie...what a fabulous job you did on this card! I love this image and the fun way you colored her up...love the added glitter and your papers from the winter set of cards that you used! Clever idea! Had a great time looking around on your blog! So many fun cards!

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely a beautiful card Jeannie!! I just love how you coloured her and the papers are just the perfect mix to give it that special look!!
Have a great week!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs