Happy Paper Play Challenges Thursday! Are you ready for some ribbon, lace and flowers? Well I hope so, because that's what the challenge is this week. I think I covered all 3 with this non-traditional holiday card, ya?

Do you remember me telling you that I spent way too much time (and money) last Saturday at a rubber stamp convention?....well this flower is the result of a trio of flower stamps from Heartfelt Creations. They are so smart that they created stamps that fit exactly with the Spellbinder's die cuts! Now why didn't I think of something like that?! Anyway, watching the demonstration and seeing all of the beautiful things on display there made it very hard to decide which one I wanted. I decided on this one, called Vintage Wildflower, which matches the Peony Nestabilitie.

I used some of my favorite SU cardstocks; Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Groovy Guava. I stamped the flower with Groovy Guava ink and once I assembled it, dipped it in some glue and then Prisma glitter. It's actually too bad that the glue dries clear, because when it was still wet it was white and looked like snow. The DP is from Basic Grey, the curio paper pad. Then, as you can see, I tied some vanilla grosgrain ribbon on with a bow, added some pretty lace, added some small rhinestones, and a big pretty pearl brad. This card uses the Mojo Monday sketch this week.

The rest of the Design Team have created some cards that you won't want to miss seeing, so pop on over to Paper Play Challenges and check them all out and join us. I want to see some of your ribbon, lace and flowers!

Have a beautiful Thursday, and take care!

Peace, Luv and Happy Friday-Eve!

6 comments :

Alicia said...

This is stunning! I love the flower and the card goes so well with your blog background colours!
Alicia xx

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Have a nice day!

Saskia :)

Deirdre said...

Jeannie,
ADORE what you created - wow, I love the colour tones you used... so this is just a STUNNER in my book.... love it! Have a great weekend. Dee

Carol Dee said...

Lovely card. Have a lovely day yourself! That is a really cool idea to have stamps and dies to work together. Hugs...

Sharon Basel said...

Jeannie this is such a beautiful card! Simple elegance and very rich colors. I am crazy about that stunning flower!
Hugs to you!

Sandie said...

Beautiful!!! I just love the colours and design of this card. Wonderful work Jeannie.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs