Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday! The sponsor this week is the Digi Doodle Shop and this is just one of the sweet images available for all the different holidays and occasions. This is also my first holiday card of the year, and I can actually say I like it too! The cardstocks are SU's Riding Hood Red and Basic Gray, and the DP is from a DCWV Christmas Stack that was given to me recently (I never would have bought it). I'm not sure if I will even in the rest of my lifetime use all of the papers, but it's good to have on hand and some of the papers are not too holiday-ish. The ribbon on the image has Prisma glitter, and then I put a pretty button in the center of the candy canes. I can say that candy canes are one of my favorite things about the holiday season! The image is popped up and besides that, I found some pretty gray sheer ribbon to tie on and it all worked out well following another one of Arlana's terrific sketches!

Be sure to check out the rest of the fabulously creative Design Team's cards for this week, and join us to be one of our lucky winners! The Grand prize is a $10 gift certificate, or you could be one of our Top Three winners!

Have a very sweet Wednesday and take care!

Peace & Luv,

17 comments :

Kathie said...

Hi Jeannie, your card is so perfect I keep on looking at it, I love it!!!!!It has gone together just so well, love the image you just want to eat those Candy Canes. I don't know what you have over there but in NZ we have all different flavours and colours!!!??? Your button in the centre was made for that image again its perfect and I love the pale grey ribbon, it just sets the card off. Great job.....
Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie

Carol Dee said...

There is a DCWV stack I don't have!!! I like those snowflakes on the DP. This is a really cool Holiday card. Not eh usual white. The soft gray works well. Yeah it is Wed. and the qweek is 1/2 over :) Hugs...

mulberry station said...

Jeannie, your card is gorgeous! I love the soft ribbon tied at each side. The gray and and red background makes your image pop. That button in the center adds such a nice finishing touch!
Nancy

The Stamper's Touch said...

How totally beautiful Jeannie!!! Your paper is wonderful, works so perfectly with that image! Happy Spooks this weekend!

Linda

Wedgie said...

Lovely card Jeannie - I love that flower in the middle of the card, its so pretty. I love candy canes too, can you tell I've got a sweet tooth?? Hope you have a good Halloween weekend.
Wedgie xxx

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

What a beauty! I love how you incorporated the sentiment. And that button is fabulous - I actually thought you had crocheted it.

Deanne :)

Saskia said...

So beautiful and so elegant!! Gorgeous card!

The sketch is GREAT... so I'm taking a chance at the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jeannie, I love how this card turned out! The grey and red is very striking! And I love the sheer silver ribbon. That little button is precious! Beautiful job! Happy Halloween!

Donna C said...

Beautiful card ! The sketch works just perfect with your card too !

Barb said...

Really like the bow touches. Very well done!

Arlana said...

Jeannie, Your card is so sweet. Makes ya want to eat candy canes. I love that image and you add the perfect detail. Thanks for all you do.

Gina L said...

Love the ribbon and placement of the button on the image. Adorable card!

Jacki Randolph said...

Jeannie, your card is beautiful!! Gorgeous papers and I adore your image. Love how you place the button on this image.

Stacy said...

Ahhh, this is really stunning! I just keep looking at it! My favorite card this week!
Hugs,
Stacy

Stacy said...

Ahhh, this is really stunning! I just keep looking at it! My favorite card this week!
Hugs,
Stacy

Genevieve said...

So sweet Jeannie. I love the colours & the sheer ribbon bows are fab!!

Tc
Genevieve.

Mary C said...

This card is beautiful Jeannie. I love the coloring you did on the candy canes and the DP is a gorgeous match for them. Wonderful Christmas card!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs