Happy Friday....yippeee!!! Well I finished my little candle project for you. I've been seeing versions of this out in blogland, but couldn't find a template or the measurements anywhere. So I just kinda made some up using some of the multi-colored candles that I got at Ikea. I'm not sure that the projects I've seen actually open up as a card, but that's what I did with mine. The image is from Digi Stamp Characters, and the striped paper from DCWV's Citrus stack. All of the cardstocks are various scraps of the beautiful Fall colors I can never get enough of. Her dress is paper pieced, she's cut out with an oval nestie, with another shadowed piece of cardstock behind her. The flowers are a punch with some teeny tiny buttons in the centers. The ribbon I've had for quite some time and I have no idea where I got it, but my guess would be Mike's. I'd like to make some more of these as little Holiday gifts, and would be especially cute for New Year's I think. Stay tuned for more of these, because I really like this idea!

I hope your week has been good to you, and that you're ready for another great weekend. We have the kids, and so I'm not sure what the agenda will include, but I'm quite sure there will be another Disney movie in there somewhere ;)

Take care!

Peace & Luv,

3 comments :

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE todays project. A card and gift in one. How smart! She is just so cute with her pumpkin. Have fun with the kiddos. (I love disney movies!) TGIF and Big Hugs...

mulberry station said...

Jeannie, I love this!!! I haven't seen any yet out there in blogland! Yours is supe cute...hummm..going to have to try my hand at this too.
Nancy

Genevieve said...

This is fab fab!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs