Happy Friday!! I have a bookmark for you today, but actually it's for me and a reminder to be thankful for every day. It's a celebration of sorts after a stressful couple of weeks for me. I had my first mammogram, shame on me, and as a result of an additional ultrasound I'm happy to say that I'm fine.

This is breast cancer awareness month and it's all over blog-ville, as it should be. I've seen all kinds of beautiful cards out there that y'all have made, and they are all wonderful reminders of how very important it is to get tested. We're all busy, but in order for us to take care of everybody and everything that we women do, we need to take care of ourselves first. I know that you know that, but just do it anyway. It's one more thing that you can check off of that long to-do list.

My hearts go out to anyone who may be fighting this disease right now, or know someone who is, and I can only hope that soon a cure will be found!

I was sitting at my desk yesterday talking with one of our maintenance guys and noticed that he was wearing a pink bracelet. It looked so out of place on a big burly guy until I read what it said..........Save the ta-ta's!

Peace & Luv,

4 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Oh yes, this is so Jeannie. Peace, Hope and Luv. Just perfect. So glad you finally got your Mammo. Good advice. got a kick out of the maintanence guys braclet :) Ever so glad it is Friday...TGIF for sure. It was below freezing this morning :( Here we go.... Warm hugs from Chilly IA.

Gina L said...

I love the bracelet idea. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor; her strength and determination are amazing. Your card is wonderful!

Juls~ said...

Hi Jeannie!

Cute card! Great story! I did the Race for the Cure 5K walk in Dallas. It was great!

Juls~ {xoxo}

Alicia said...

I love your bookmark and I love the pink band on the maitenance man!! The messsage is really getting out there loud and clear now I think. Mum had it when I was 10 and then again when i was 17. She is a survivor!!
Alicia xx

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs