Imagine Peace

Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday and Day 3 of Purple Power Week! Today's sponsor of Challenge 64 is Digi Stamp Characters and the prize this week is 3 digital images from their Etsy shop! These little characters and animals are just adorable, so be sure to check out the shop and add a few to your wish list.

Well, if you give me a clean slate, or in this case a clean blackboard, I'm going to put the Peace sign on it, and that's all there is to it. When I think of this little guy in school and actually drawing this on the blackboard, it seriously gives me goosebumps. This card is going nowhere but on my desk for awhile.

I used a Frost White ColorBox ink pad (that takes a very long time to dry but well worth it) with a stamp that's from Inkadinkado and on top of the black it really looks like chalk to me don't-cha think? The numbers DP is from Making Memories, and besides the purple Bazzil, I used some Mellow Moss cardstock that I used my little zig-zag scissor on. I'm not sure where the ribbon is from, but I think it works well with this sketch and image. It could be Making Memories also.

Be sure to check out the wonderful creativity of the rest of the Design Team, and join us this week for the chance to win some of these cutie patootie's!

Thanks for stopping by, wish me luck at the podiatrist this afternoon (I'm a little scared), and take care of yourself!

Peace & Luv,

13 comments :

Saskia said...

Great card Jeannie!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Carol Dee said...

+Jeannie
I LOVE My Podiatrist. If you lived near I'd send you to him. If you have been in pain for awhile, and this will find some relief, you will so be glad you went. Nothing to be nervous about :)
Cute card. The peace sigh does look like chalk.
Happy Hump Day (the week is 1/2 over) Hugs...

mulberry station said...

Oh Jeannie, you card turned out adorable. I didn't think about putting something on the black board. I will have to do that on the one I made. I love the paper you used. I had such a hard time finding paper that I wanted to use for it. Yours is perfect!!! Lovde your peace sign!! Very cute card!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Oh it is perfect! And yes, the white ink does look like chalk - LOVE it!! Just a perfect card all around!

Deanne :)

Wedgie said...

Cute card - love your image.
Wedgie xxx

Simple and Sweet said...

Jeannie, this is too cute! When I saw that peace sign, I had to think of my sis. She makes jewelry and uses that a lot! My niece is also hooked! Great card! It really does look like you used chalk.
Erika

sweetbloominscraps said...

Darling School Boy card! I love that peace sign and it does look like chalk! So fun that you used the numbers DP. Hope all went well at your podiatrist. I love mine. I would recommend him 100 times over. I had five surgeries and would still do it all over again for the relief that I received. The important thing is to find a good surgeon.

Alicia said...

What a fantastic message Jeannie. Such a cute little guy and that chalk peace sign is so cool!
Alicia xx

The Stamper's Touch said...

Sooooooo cute!!!! Of course I adore that peace sign on the chalk board!!! You are one clever lady!!! Sweet designer paper too!! Have a great week Jeannie!!

Linda

Genevieve said...

Very very cute, love the chalk peace sign so clever & fab Dp.

Genevieve.

Kathie said...

Oh Jeannie, your card really made me smile when I saw it, I knew it was yours before the name. I love it!!!Great job with the peace sign it does look like chalk. Great design papers it's super cute. Wonderful job. Hope the podiatrist went well I went to the doctor yesterday and I hate going to see her over and done with now!!! Take care and have a great weekend they come around so quickly.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Arlana said...

Jeannie, Love your sweet boy card. The peace sign is just so fun. Really look like a chalk board. Your paper is just so sweet. Have a sweet day!!!

JR Creations said...

Awh Jeannie it's awesome! Fantastic idea on the blackboard. Peace out!! :-D

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs