Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Today's sponsor of Sketch #55 is Shirley's 2 Girls! This image is called Summer, and it comes with 3 different sentiments. Oh to be on that beach, ya?! The DP that I used are actually double-sided and textured cardstock from Crate Paper, the Carnival Collection. The lemon wedge stamp is from SU; the Tart & Tangy set. Then, besides coloring in the image, I added some of the white ric-rac just for something different. I actually really like this card, and I think I'll keep in for myself on my desk for awhile!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the marvelously sweet Design Team has created, and welcome some of the newbies. You're sure to be inspired to join us when you do. The prize this week is a $10 gift certificate to Shirley's 2 Girls!

I know some of you have gotten lots of rain, so please send some to hot and dry Arizona, we sure could use it! I can't even remember the last time it rained here.

I do hope that you have an extra sweet Wednesday today, I appreciate you visiting, and take care!

Peace & Luv,

13 comments :

Saskia said...

Summer's here! Great card!

Saskia :)

Carol Dee said...

sweet sketch, pretty summer card. And before I forget again, I like the cool blue blog background. Have a wonderful Wednesday, the week is 1/2 over! Hugs...

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

We have more than enough rain to pass on to you. Can I send the mosquitoes too ;)

Fabulous card - love the sentiment and that lemon slice. Very fresh! Love the bold colors.

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

Hi Jeannie, hope all is well for you! Your card is super cute this week. I love the colors..and the image makes me want to be at the beach. Have a wonderful week!

Jacki Randolph said...

What a GREAT summer card, it does make you want to be at the beach. Beautifully colored and such a fun image.

Simple and Sweet said...

What a perfect summer card! Yes, it makes me want to go to the beach too. Love the little embellishment. It adds the perfect touch!
Erika

Genevieve said...

Hi Jeannie! Such a pretty summer card, I love how you added the slice of lime!

Genevieve

Lisa T said...

Boy, don't I wish I was *there*! A cool drink and a spot on the beach look very good to me right now! Great job with this week's sketch. What a fun card!

Kathie said...

Hi Jeannie, Just love your card and the bright colours you have used. It makes me feel warm and that summer is just around the corner. It's winter here in New Zealand and today is really cold.
Take for warming me up.
Kathie

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jeannie, This image reminds me of my favorite beach...Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast. Oh, how I have been longing for some hot summer days....looks like I will finally get it here in Utah. I love your fun striped paper...goes so well with the umbrella. What a fun embellishment to use the rickrack....and to add the SU citrus stamp. Makes me thirsty too! Thanks for adding this fun image to our line up!

The Stamper's Touch said...

Oh Jeannie, what a wonderful card!! We go to the beach every summer for vacation - in a little over 4 weeks as a matter of fact!! So your card got me thinking of the great times we've had! Love the papers you used and that ric rac too!!!

Linda

Arlana said...

Jeannie, I love that fun beach image. It was fun to see your card being different. You did a fablous job on the coloring!!! Have a sweet week.

JR Creations said...

Wow Jeannie I love the lemon wedge, it's just brilliant and really adds to the card! Love it all!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs