Hi there and Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday #33 to you! Here's another fun sketch to work with, and the sponsor this week is DigiStamp Boutique! These flowers are just one of the fun images you can find there, and as you can see I used it to make a Valentine card. It could be used for just about any holiday or season, and that's what I like about it most of all. I used all SU products; the patterned paper is from Pattern Packs II, and the cardstocks are Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, and Riding Hood Red. I used the same color markers as the cardstock, and Green Galore. I did some piercing around the main image and then used some pretty and silky gray ribbon. I think it turned out really pretty and I'm happy with this one. Be sure, as always, to go over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog, and check out what the rest of the Design Team has cooked up, and join us to win $10.00 in free digital images and there are so many great ones to choose from!

Have a great Wednesday, thanks for visiting, and take care!

Peace & Luv,

18 comments :

PaperCrafty said...

Jeannie, this turned out fabulous!! I love the pink & red color combo!! The heart border is perfect with this image!! Great job!!

Carol Dee said...

WOW, I LOVE the way the ribbon is threaded through the hearts. Great idea! A very nice Valentine.
Today we are expecting freezing rain, ice, so school is cancelled. Woo-hoo an extra free day to get some stuff done. Maybe even work on Valentine's if I get the house picked up and Christmas put away 1st! YEAH, the week is 1/2 over. :) hugs...

Lisa T said...

You card has a lot of visual POP! I like how you threaded the ribbon through the hearts. Very cool!

Terry Oulboub said...

Jeannie, how creative of you to do hearts instead of squares - wish I'd thought of that. It really brings out the pinks and the reds - so delightful! Flowers and hearts make a great combination, don't they? Have a sweet day! ;p

Rose said...

Love your card Jeannie! The hearts on the side are such a stunning idea! Super cute!

Heather said...

This card is so pretty and fun!!! I LOVE the hearts and the ribbon treatment!

Melissa Craig said...

I absolutely love the way you weaved the ribbon in the hearts! So perfect!

Arlana said...

Jeannie I love the way you was thinking out of the box and added the hearts . The ribbon woven though the hearts makes your card so perfect. Have a sweet Day!!!

Teri said...

WOW - how gorgeous is that??!!!
Love it hun!
Hugs,
Teri x

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the three hearts and how you weaved the ribbon through them! Clever!

Love to Doodle! said...

Truly stunning Jeannie...I love the valentine theme and the colours and papers are just scrummy....love it....Sally-Ann..xx

Juls~ said...

Hiya Jeannie!

This card is FAB. Love the string of hearts you used here instead of squares!

Without sounding silly, and it's not quite the same but sorta kinda is but not really, but yeah, okay ... I think there is some sort of parallel between looking at the daily funnies and the cards you do ... Don't throw tomatoes! What I mean is that you know how the funnies make you smile or laugh? That's what I mean ...


Okay! I said it! I almost posted this before ... ;)*

{XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO}

Lots of Love,

Juls~

mulberry station said...

Hi Jeannie, I just love the and the ribbon threaded through the hearts. I love your take on the sketch...this is so much fun...

Stacy said...

Jeannie, I love your take on this sketch! So creative! It turned out just lovely!
Hugs,
Stacy

Katie Skiff said...

How cute!! Great job turning the blocks into hearts!! ♥ it!!

KymKreates said...

I adore how you strung the hearts. Very clever! Such a bright and cheerful card. Coloring is super!!!

Kym

Donna said...

Your card is so sweet and pretty Jeannie...love how you have used the hearts instead of squares...perfick :) Donna x

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

Hi Jeannie, love your gorgeous SSW card - how clever with the ribbon through the hearts and I just love the colours!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs