Hey there and Happy Sunday!! Just a couple of boy cards for ya here today. We've been busy this weekend running around and today I took the Christmas stuff down because after visiting Ikea, I always get the itch to rearrange furniture. So we did just that and also found some new computer workstations there that Neal will be going to get this week, since he's got another week off of teaching. I'm just glad I won't be here for the building part, hehe!!

We also went to see It's Complicated, last nite with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. It was really funny, but the funniest part was the reaction of the 2 older ladies sitting next to me. Their reaction to some of the stuff was hysterical! Speaking of movies, we also rented The Hangover Friday nite, and that was really, really funny!

Anyway, on to the explanation of the cards - the first one was made with some papers from the LaCreme stack, and then some textured Bazzil golden paper. I used a large label nestie, and then just added some black ribbon with a fun silver brad. I did use some black ink around the edges of the sentiment.

The second one was made with all SU papers; the blue is Not Quite Navy, and then some Creamy Caramel. The plaid paper is from a set I think could have been called Bella Bleu, but not quite sure. The star is a Close to My Heart stamp and then I added some ribbon, and a copper brad in the center of the star. Both of these look kinda country/cowboy to me, yeehaw!!

Well I hope you've enjoyed your long weekend, I appreciate you visiting and your comments. Take care!

Peace and Luv,

2 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Yeehaw, is right! They certainly do have a western feel. Espcially the on for Jeff. I really like these. I wish we had an Ikea close. I have looked at their stuff online and have a long wish list. :) Suppose it is good they are not close, I have so little will power (you know!) hehe
I still have a week off also. :)
Hugs....

PaperCrafty said...

Great masculine card!! Love the western feel!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs