Boy card alert! At work they send out birthday cards to all of the members of the board. I recently saw one of the receipts for what they were spending on the generic card shop cards and it broke my heart, so I decided I'd offer up some of mine to see if they would be interested. Well I'm happy to say that they are, and so I'll be making about 75 cards over the next year. They are mostly all men, and so this will give me the chance to think out of the box a bit. We all have dads, uncles, brothers, etc. in our lives and they deserve something special too, no? Don't worry, I'm not going to stop making my usual funny, goofy, girly stuff, but I will be posting the boy cards that I make in the hopes that it will inspire you a little bit too. The stamps I used are from Inkadinkado and the sentiment stamp is from Unity that I used SU's Pacific Point ink with. The DP's are from Close to My Heart and My Mind's Eye. The cardstocks are Chocolate Chip and Crushed Curry. So then the main image is pop-dotted, I used a ColorBox cat's eye chalk around the edges and then I wrapped some twine toward the bottom and tied it up to finish it off. My favorite part is the birdie on the inside!

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your comments very much, and let me know what you think of this one. Take care!

Peace and Luv,

8 comments :

Kelly Landers said...

Love your masculine card! I always find those challenging!! You did very well with it and congratulations on getting the "contract" to make more at work!!

Juls said...

just fab!! great card for those chaps! Colour combo is great and I love the twine detail!

Carol Dee said...

Super Duper Guy card! I like the fish scale looking background paper. I am looking forward to seeing more of the guy cards. (Since I am outnumbered by men around here!)hugs...

fabricbutterfly said...

Beautiful card!!!!

mulberry station said...

What a nice card Jeannie. The colors are great and I love the background paper. And yes, that bird inside is really fun!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!

Saskia :)

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous masculine card Jeannie!! Love the sketch and sail boat image!!

Alicia said...

Wow Jeannie! With 70-odd cards per year you are going to be so busy! And male cards...you are going to become an expert! I will be taking inspiration from you!
Alicia xx

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs