Paint the town RED!! Happy Twisted Thursday! At Shirley's 2 Girls, today's Twisted Thursday sketch 23 twist is to use red. Well I think I completed that mission, and with one of my favorite Shirley's stamps called Schnapp's Close-Up. It's all colored in with markers, has a round scallop circle behind it with some black blingy stickers all around it, and then pop-dotted. The DP is from DCWV's Green Stack. The other cardstock is SU's Riding Hood Red, black and white. I also used a little bit of chalk around the scallop circle to match Schnapp's a little bit. Always fun stuff going at the Girls' blog, so check out all of the new stuff they have, and join in on the fun this week and you could win one of their adorable stamps!

It's Friday-Eve and that makes me so happy! We have the kids this weekend, but it sounds like they're all sick and Neal isn't feeling well either. Darn it! So it'll be a whole lot of chillin' out and taking it easy for them. I have a cardmaking par-tay to attend on Saturday afternoon that I'm so looking forward to, and to seeing all of the gals. It's been awhile since we've been able to get together, and I think everybody is now back from all of their vacations.

Thanks so much for visiting and for commenting on my schtuff!! I continue to be amazed by all of the wonderful people that I meet along the way here in blogland and enjoy so much seeing what y'all create too!

Take care and make some plans to paint the town red this weekend, or how about buy a pair of red shoes?!! That's my plan!!

Peace and Luv,

19 comments :

Monica said...

Jeannie,

That is a cute stamp! Looks like me holding my dog. JK! You did a terrific job on the sketch.

the 2girls of shirley said...

Jeannie...this is just too fab-u-lous...red is your color. I love every little bit of it...great work...Kristine

the 2girls of shirley said...

JEANNIE...Schnapps looks FABBBUUULOUS...in RED! You did a sweet job with this weeks tiwst! Thanks for playing...DEIDRE
ps thnx for the nice words about S2G...u r sweet!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is fabulous, love the image and great colours.
luv
Debby

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty Jeannie!! I love the sketch and how you added the scallop circle layer!

Carol Dee said...

You are on a roll. Love the red. DH is returning from a week long conferance Saturday night. So it will be back to normal around here again. I hope everyone feels better soon and they do not pass it to you! TGIF, hugs..

fabricbutterfly said...

there you go again, making the bestest little card, so sweet and cute, Great job!!!!!!

Justine said...

Jeannie your did an amazing job on this card. Love how you have dressed your lady, that coat almost appears to have a leopard fluff around her neck and o how clever you were with the gray chalk around the scalloped edges. See you at the blog hop Sept 3

scrap_in_time said...

Great card.

Jaspere said...

This is outstanding. Love the rich colors, the papers and oh that ribbon.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular job. Love, love, love your card. Jeannie the digi image you asked about is a freebie for joining the S2G group on SNR Card Universe. I'll get you the link. Be right back.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adore your card Jeannie. I saw you asked about the digi image on another blog. It's a freebie for joining the S2G group on SNR Universe. Please join our group on SNR: http://snrcardiverse.ning.com/group/shirleys2girls


Here is the link to the free digi:
http://snrcardiverse.ning.com/profiles/blogs/free-digi-image

Arlana said...

What a darling stamp. Love your take on the sketch. So fun!!!

The Creative Cannibal said...

As usual, you turned out great work!

Alicia said...

I love red, white and black together. I think its a stunning combination and this is definately a stunning card! Another awesome job Jeannie.
Alicia xx

Juls~ said...

Hi Jeannie!

I *ruff* you! ;)

Darling card! Your papers are always fantastic. You must have a treasure trove of them because I never notice repeats, ever. Oh, how I wish you were over here helping me with a journal I'm making for my son's girlfriend's b-day! I think it's gonna be a brown and blue montage ... but I'm just beginning and you know how things change.

I love that stamp too - it's the same one on the card you sent me, which, btw, is propped up on my desk for inspiration {and becoz I love it!}.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

{xoxo} Juls~

mulberry station said...

Your card is devine!! I love the color combo and the image is really fun.

Debbie said...

Jeannie - Your cards are spectacular! I absolutely LOVE this! hmmmmm I may have to case this one from you. Thanks so much for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge. Hope to see you play with us again.

Debbie said...

Hey Jeannie - You can find the free digi of Gracie over at SNR. Email me if you can't find it and I'll send you the link.
Debbie

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs