Happy 4th of July to you! For today at 365 Cards:Day 126-It's show your true colors day! This card is also using the sketch from Amy at Prairie Paper & Ink. The image is Pink Petticoat, as are the papers, together with some red Bazzill and white cardstock. Then I just added a few red rhinestones. It's very bright and I think this is a sure thing for my Card for Heroes box. I re-did this one several times, having another patterned paper before the solid red, but it was way too busy. I wanted to post this yesterday, but I just didn't like how it turned out, so I'm glad I re-did it this morning, and it's a bit better and a little bit easier on the eyes.

The second thing I want to share with you is my new car! Oh yes, it's a red beetle bug and it's a dream come true for me! It's not brand new, but new to me and I couldn't be happier! I will always remember that I got it for the 4th of July and it is certainly reason to celebrate. I'm having so much fun with it and so now I've got to find a couple of beetle stamps I think. If any of you know of a company that makes them, if you could forward the info along to me I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, and much to my surprise, I won the June card of the month over at Sweetie's Sketches! The gals over there are truly sweet, and the challenges are really unique and make you think out of the box. For those of you who haven't visited them yet, do stop over and check them out! It just goes to show that we should all enter our creations as much as possible, because you just never know when you will win some free goodies!

I hope your weekend is going well and thanks for stopping in. I hope you enjoy your weekend wherever you are, and however you choose to spend it!
Take care!

Peace and Luv,

11 comments :

Ella said...

Your card is adorable! Congrats on the new car!

Rose said...

this is the cutiest card! luv the fish :) and congrats on your new car!!

Sherry said...

Jeannie this card is just too cute and oh my gosh you got a red bug. When I was in high school my dad promised to buy me one if I got good grades well I did but he never bought me that little bug. Now I just envy everyone that has them.

Gram E. Bear said...

OMG! What to comment on first. Awesome background on your blog to celebrate July 4th. Your new, hot red car is just awesome. Congrats! And your card is adorable. Like the distressing around the image. {{{hugs}}}

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Super card, loving that fish. And what a fantastic car. xx

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE the car ... it is SO YOU ! Does it have the liitle flower vase in the dash area? Hmmm, I remember seeing a beetle car stamp, maybe in a set, if I see it again I will let you know. :)

Oh, and the card is perfect. Cool layout and WOW colors.

Hope your 4th was nice and relaxing. (It rained here) Oh-well... hugs for you...

shawn said...

WOW!! great to hear about the car! How fun!!!
hope your 4th was great!!

Elena said...

Congratulations on your new car and June Sketch challenge!
Love your card with the fish! So cute!

Jennifer said...

The love bug! Not what I was expecting??!!! But, great on gas mileage and they are fun to drive! That was my first car for awhile (except yellow), borrowed from my other aunt when I first got my license! Have fun! I picture you finding some sort of lady bug decal or something to put on it. Maybe you could decal the entire car with Dragonfly Journeys. heehee.

Juls~ said...

O-M-GEE!!! How did I miss this?!

I'm not surprised that you'd pick a cheerful car to drive around in, Jeannie! Match made in heaven! ;)

{xoxo} Juls~

AmyR said...

Cute card and cute car!! I love bugs!! ;)

Thanks for playing along!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs