Fruitcake?! This is a catch up card for the challenge at Shirley's 2 Girls for Twisted Thursday #18 Christmas in July. They even included this FREE digital download (go to their blog and get it) and the twist is to use something clear. The clear part for this card is the vellum flowers. The papers are from SU's Pattern Pack II and the cardstocks are from the Soft Subltes line, as are the markers that I used to color in the image. Also used is a circle nestie, a small flower punch, some rhinestones and silver twine. The frosting on the fruitcake is some pink Stickles. It's never too early to think about what kind of cards we're going to make for the holidays, and Shirley's 2 Girls has already come up with some great stamps and digital download images and papers for the holidays. It beats being stressed out when the holidays do come around if your cards are already done. This card is just plain fun I think and different enough that I will for sure use to send out because of how different it is. I don't like to do traditional and if I did, my friends and family would think there was something wrong with me! I actually like fruitcake, so that just goes to show how different I am, no?! What's not to like about it - it has the word cake in it!

Second, is this little diddy that I made at the Close to My Heart par-tay that I went to yesterday. I managed to make one other card, but I was socializing too much to finish it as well as get to the third one! Ronah, the Close to My Heart gal always comes up with the sweetest designs! This is actually just a little itty bitty card that's 3x3, but I do luv the colors. Thanks Ronah and to Brenda for her hospitali-tay!!

I do hope to get more card challenge time in this week and I'm sorry I didn't post much last week. I do have the card swap this Wednesday and have yet to complete them, so that's top priority.

It's the end of the weekend already and so it's back to work for me already in the morning. Remember when I was complaining about being home too much a couple of months back?! Oh well, I didn't win the lottery so that's the way it goes, and I do enjoy my job. Thanks for stopping in, and take care!

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Mmmm fruitcake !!!! Yes, I d like some of them, especially those that are more fruit than cake.

The tiny 3X3 is sweet.

Have a good work week. Hugs...

Shirleys2Girls said...

This is darling...the icing is a hoot and the velum flowers are great for the twist...it's very fun! Kristine

Elena said...

Adorable card! Love the layered flowers!
The tiny card is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing!

fabricbutterfly said...

wow, so pretty, they are both lovely!!! Don't you hate when work gets in the way of fun :p

Karolyn Loncon said...

Hey Girlie!! Love your take on the sketch - your work is always so imaginative and "out of the box." I just LOVE that - wish I had even just a sliver of your creativity!! Second, LOVE what you've done to your blog. So fun and whimsical!! Thanks so much for playing, missy!! Always love your work, and am thrilled to get to see more of it!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs