Happy Saturday! I need to get a couple of holiday cards in the mail, so with today's sketch from Sketch Saturday #57 and a really, really old set of stamps from Close to My Heart, this is what I came up with. The cardstocks are SU's Riding Hood Red and Pacific Point. The little plaid paper is also SU - from the Parisian Breeze set, which unfortunately isn't in the new catalog anymore. I added some ric-rac and some Stickles to the fireworks which is hard to see but it is glittery, and that's about it. I like how it turned out and so, like I said, I need to make several to reach my out of state family.

I hope you're enjoying your day so far. I went early this morning to the grocery store and I hope I don't need to leave the house until Monday morning at this point! I've got some good creative mojo going that I don't want to lose right now, if ya know what I mean!

Take care and thanks for visiting!

Peace and Luv,

6 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Great card for the 4th of JULY.
I made a few cards this week. I really need to get some cards made so they are on hand when needed. Today I made on for a baby girl. That was fun, I usually do not get to make pink and sweet things. (you can see it on SCS.)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Hugs...

Juls~ said...

This is really cute, Jeannie! Luv the fireworks! Can u believe it's almost the 4th?! Is that not unbelievable!?

It's been 100 degrees in Texas for 2 weeks I think - feels like longer. The pool is like a sauna!

{xoxo} Juls~

Michele said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the papers you've used. Hugs Michele x

Alicia said...

Fantastic card Jeannie - it looks awesome! Love the colours and what a great sketch.
Alicia xx

Ann said...

Very fun and festive! Great job with the sketch!

Elena said...

Wow! Very cute card! Fantastic job on this challenge! Love the stamp, ric rac ribbon, sparkly firework - everything!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs