It's still Sunday so I'm sneaking this post in for the 365 Cards:Day 64-Super Sketchy Sunday challenge. I used a stamp from Close to my Heart, the Yeehaw set. This the the cowgirl stamp, and there is also a cowboy stamp with a matching - there's a little cowboy in all of us stamp - but not one for cowgirl. So I just typed it out and printed it and roughed up the edges, put some navy blue behind it and then stapled it. The ink that I used is SU's Close to Cocoa. There's some navy blue random cardstock as the base, some Bazzil orangey/brown, and then the DP is from The Paper Loft. Some white ric-rac that I also antiqued up with some ink. I took some twine and made a little rope and then I added a silver corner doo-dad. I also pop-dotted the cowgirl.

We've had a busy day, we planted some pretty shrubs in front of our place, did some grocery shopping, and went to see a movie - State of Play, which was really, really good. I put a roast and potatoes and carrots in the crock pot early this afternoon so when we got home from the movie we were good and hungry and it was all ready for us. Yum-o!

Not sure what time I'll be posting tomorrow, it may not be until the evening since I start working tomorrow. I may not be on top of all of these great challenges anymore, but that's ok, I gotta work and this will be good for my mental health, just ask Neal! Just stay patient with me, because I'll still be posting and blogging as much as I can, when I can, and I look forward to every comment received!

Peace and Luv,

8 comments :

~amy~ said...

How super sweet is this? fun, fun, fun!!!

Jana said...

Way cool card. Love that cowgirl.

Carol Dee said...

Great card, love the sentiment. I never think to use staples, They look greta here.

Have a VERY GOOD 1st day at work.

kristie sessions said...

oooh I love this image so much! And why do they have sentiments for boys and not girls. totally not fair, but you really did great getting around that. Love the computer generated sentiment! Good luck at work today (and this week) I hope it goes well for you and we hope to get you blogging when we can. We know you have to do what is best for you!
k

Karen Lee said...

Oh this is just too cute!! I have some "cowboy" paper and I'm not too sure how and when I'm going to use it!

hugs, Karen Lee

Jackie said...

This card is so wonderful! Good luck with work...when you are ready to get crafty, we will be here :)

Elena said...

Very beautiful card!
Glad you had a fun time!!!

Vicky said...

fantastic card, Jeannie!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs