Happy Wednesday! At 365 Cards:Day 81 - It's hip to be Square! The challenge is to use 5 squares today and for 6:30 in the morning, this is the best I could do. The paper is DCWV from the All Dressed Up stack and I've used another $1 stamp today too. I colored in the flip flops and put some rhinestones in the centers and then just added some organdy ribbon and more rhinestones. The base of the card is white, and then I used some ivory and black to frame everything out.

I worked until 6:30 last nite and then I HAD to stop at the grocery store because we had no paper towels, no napkins and no trash bags, plus nothing for lunches for the rest of the week. Needless to say it's 1/2 hour drive from work and then with shopping I didn't get home until almost 8 last nite. And THEN my tivo didn't record Idol!!! Oy. I was not happy. So I do hope to be on my couch for the finale tonite, that's for sure.

Well thanks for taking a peek at my kinda lame-o card this morning, sorry about that. I do hope you have a great day, take care of yourself, and leave me with some words of wisdom before you go.

Peace and Luv,

17 comments :

Sherry said...

Jeannie, very cute card love the colors and the layout.

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Jeannie there is absolutely nothing wrong with your card! I love it. The mauve and black it very striking.
Hugs
Michelle

Shari said...

Very Cute! Love those flip flops and the way you have arranged your squares.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh I think this card is lovely. I love that you used another one of your $1 stamps. I thik you should take the advice on your card and relax tonight. Great job on the challenge.

willow said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this card, it is gorgeous. I love the colours and the paper you have used
Maz

Vicky said...

great job, jeannie! i love those flip flops - they're my go to shoes for summer, so i just love anything to do with flip flops!

Fi said...

Great card Jeannie, love how you placed your 5 squares and the flip flop image made me smile.
Hugs
Fi

Birgit said...

Lammo? Lammo? Anything But!! I love the sharp contrast in colour. It is very hip and chic actually. Great take on the squares-Love it!

Carol Dee said...

It is not lame at all, pretty darn good fo so early in the day! Going to have to look up my $1 flip-flops and make some summer cards. Have a good rest of the week!

fabricbutterfly said...

Lammo, try fabbo (I don't think either are words):) but your card is great, when I saw it I wished I had thought of that.

Have fun with idol tonight, I like them both so I will be happy and sad

The Mommy said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

Tommie
Oh My Gluestick

Rose said...

luv the card just as it is!! the colors are beautiful and the flip flops are cute :D

kristie sessions said...

Hey Jeannie! I hope you are enjoying Idol as I type this right now.... fun times! And this card is great! I am SO impressed you even have your eyes open at 6:30am let alone get your craft on. I could get so much more done if I was up and functioning at that time. of course I am usually up late crafting instead : ) anyway. Love the card. Love your sweet comments on my blog and LOVE visiting your blog. Have a great night!
k

Kim said...

So girley! Luv the flip flops too!

AUsome mom said...

Cute, cute card and perfect just before the holiday weekend!

~amy~ said...

I think your card turned out super fun! Don't you hate stopping by the grocery store after work...I do...I try to do it during my lunch hour...throw my groceries in the work fridge {along with my keys so that I don't forget them!}.

Elena said...

What a fun layout! Very cute card!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs