Today's challenge at 365 Cards:Day 55 is a Card Recipe. This one was a challenge for me in that it was way too simple compared to what I usually do, but also perfect for a 12 year olds birthday! Here is the recipe:
5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured), 4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like), 1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color, 3 jewels and alpha stickers. So I used some Bazzil for the base, the patterned paper is from ATD's Wildflower paper pad, that I made to look like a page out of a binder with a punch, and rounded 2 of the corners. Then I used a star punch, the game piece letter stickers are from Making Memories, and then 3 yellow jewels.

Since the first one took me all of 10 minutes to do, I thought I'd do another one to slip under Neal's pillow. The base is Bazzil and the patterned paper is from Memory Boutique. Then I used a heart punch, the glitter sticker letters are from Target's $1 spot, and 3 heart shaped jewels. I've also included a pic of the inside.

Well I went to my 2nd interview this morning, and it went just fine, quick but fine all the same. I'm one of the 3 "finalists", so I guess all I can do is wait and see if I get a call back.

Tonite I'm meeting up with my SU demonstrator to help her set up for our party tomorrow. So then tomorrow I've got a 10:00 hair appointment, and the party then starts at 1:00 and I'll probably be there til 5ish. Saturday nite we're celebrating Neal's son Quentin's birthday. Sunday will for sure be a lay around day! I'm sure I won't be posting anything tomorrow, but perhaps Sunday - we'll see.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I guessed right on who was going home on Idol, ya?! Disco week was fun, and it was very interesting to see KC of KC and the Sunshine Band!


Check out this blog candy on Debbie's blog Passion for Crafts!!! You have until April 30th to leave a comment - you never know, you could be the lucky winner!!

Have a great Friday, thanks so much for your comments that I appreciate so very much, and take care!

Peace and Luv,

13 comments :

Terrie B x said...

Fab cards TFS:)♥

Carol Dee said...

Quick cards can come in handy when you need something at the last minute!

Congrats on being in the top 3...I hope they do not make you wait too long.

Keeping good thoughts and my fingers crossed. :)

Have a FUN weekend...HUGS

Audrey said...

I wish I could create card that fast! Takes me a good hour to complete one despite and small surface area! Lovely cards!

willow said...

Great cards, fingers crossed for you, have a great weekend
maz

Ann said...

Love 'em both! Aren't quick cards the best? ;)

Fi said...

Great cards, love the colours in both.
Fingers crossed for you.
Hugs
Fi

Jennifer said...

Good news that you're in the top "3"!
Hope you hear something next week.
Have a great weekend!

Karen Lee said...

Fabulous cards!

hugs, Karen Lee

Elena said...

I think you did great job on this challenge! Love both of your cards!
I wish you good luck with the job!!!

~amy~ said...

Jeannie, great job on both of your cards...I love the clean & crisp cards!!

Vicky said...

both cards are fantastic, jeannie! love how you used the scrabble letter sticker and the 2nd card is just so sweet!

Rosemary said...

I love what you made from the recipe, I had so much trouble with it and here you go making two cards! You go, girl!

Jana said...

You make this look like it was easy. I love your cards.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs