So one of my favorite expressions for this month has always been, April showers bring May flowers. Then in my blog hopping/stalking I came upon a hugely talented artist named Dustin Pike who has the cutest darn animals that he's drawn and are available as digi-downloads. These images are great for kids of any age, and truly make you smile. I'll get into digi-downlads in a bit but first I'll tell you just a little about the card. The card base is an Olivey green textured Bazzil. Then the patterned paper is from SU's Pattern Pack II, that I framed out almost each piece with the same olive. I used a scallop border punch, a flower Nestie, some ribbon, rhinestones, markers, and pop-dots. Then I added the dragonfly that's a punch on the umbrella. It looks like he's looking right at him, doesn't it? I know April is almost over, so I had to do this, and do it incorporating dragonflies. So....I wonder who would enjoy receiving this card....hmmmm....who has a dragonfly obsession like I do....lives in Iowa....and is one of my favorite people? That's right Carol - this baby is in the mail today and on its way to you. Sorry it'll be May when you get it, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

So now I want to talk about not only about Dustin Pike and his downloads, but the many, many companies that are getting into this too. Shirley's 2 Girls, one of my favorites of course, is also doing it. Let's think about this a minute. They're cheaper than buying the stamps themselves, they are all stored on your computer and not scattered throughout your craft area. You can print them out to be any size you want. They use a minimal amount of printer ink because they are just outlines so there's no messy inkpads laying around, and they turn out perfect every time! Don't get me wrong, I have ALOT of stamps and ink pads that I'm not giving up and will continue to buy more, but I will be getting many more of these digi stamps. Plus, you see it, you like it, and you buy it and print it out, and all while you're still in your pajamas! This particular image is a freebie from Dustin and he has a few others as well. Dustin has a new cupcake with a monkey that as soon as I'm done here I will be popping over onto Etsy to get. He is the cutest eva!!

Have an awesome day everybody, thanks so very much for visiting, and I think your comments are da bomb! I think I'm watching too much Idol, ya?! Did you watch last nite?

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

Dustin Pike said...

Awesome card, great job on the coloring, I love the overall appearance too, my 4 yr old told me he loves it, blue is his favorite color....

Carol Dee said...

Oh Jeannie you are SO SWEET... I love the card and can't wait to have it in my hands. THANKS

I guess I am going to have to check into this digi stamping thingy! NUTS, it isn't like I don't already have more stamps than I will EVER use! :)

I am going crazy trying to fit everything into my days and then keep house ( a little bit) SO I am really behind in cards. I need to make LOTS and SOON. Graduations, New Baby, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day. etc...

Sis and I both have Monday off work so we will get togehter and stamp like mad.

YEAH it is Wednesday, the week is 1/2 over! HUGS...

Elena said...

Wow! This card is so BEAUTIFUL! Oh, Jeannie, you always amaze me! Love everything about this card!!!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Way to rock the digi's, Jeannie! I love this!! And thanks for the analysis of the benefits of digital images. I agree with you whole-heartedly!! Hugs!

Ann said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love your coloring!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs