It's Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!! All of the details to join this challenge can be found on Karolyn's blog called Paper Therapy. Today's card uses the Cake Baker stamp from S2G and every time I use it I somehow always think pink, not sure why. The pretty papers are from SU's Raspberry Tart set. So, so beautiful! Then the cardstocks are Pretty in Pink, white and ivory, with a bit of some willow that was embossed with a Cuttlebug background. Also the circle is Purely Pomegranate that was embossed with a Spellbinders circle Nestability. The ink is Chocolate chip, I used a variety of markers to color, a little bit of Offray ribbon and pop-dots. Don't forget to glam up the inside too. It sez - What you eat standing up doesn't count! I've been doing a lot of extra spiffing up of the insides lately. I like the power of surprise when you open up a card!

Well tonite I've got my card swap to go to, so I will post that card for you tomorrow in case there are any of you peekers looking (Luping)! I also have a Saturday post ready too, since I didn't post on Monday I'm a day ahead of myself and I did a card for another challenge.

Another beautiful day on tap - a high of 84. Why doesn't everybody live here? Oh I know....becuz there are no jobs!! Sorry.....just venting a little there.

Well Megan Joy is gone from Idol. I liked her, sorta. I've never heard of the performer who was on - Lady Gaga. Interesting, very interesting. I actually got Neal to watch her when he got home (because yes I do TiVo it in case I'm for some silly reason not home). He wasn't too thrilled about it either. But then, he doesn't share in my following of Idol. For those of you who don't watch reality shows, don't worry, it means you have a LIFE!

Have a Twisted Thursday - whatever it is you do. I enjoy your comments, as usual.

Oh and Happy Friday-Eve too!

Peace and Luv,

14 comments :

the sisters said...

one word for you...FABULOUS! DEIDRE thanks for playing along!!!

Debbie said...

Jeannie - What a BEAUTIFUL card and love the DP! Thanks for playing along!

Joy said...

Fab card!

Carol Dee said...

I just got my package of raspberry tart paper, it is very pretty.

Love the card and always like the extra you add to inside, I have started doing this now! TFS.

DH and BOTH sons are on layoff , OUCH. So AZ is not the only place without work. SIGH. It has to get better, soon.

I'll be looking in tomorrow to see the swap card. :)
HUGS

Pat (mspfd) said...

I have this stamp and love how it looks done up in pink! I am going to have to give it a try. And it looks so spiffy with the raspberry tart and purely pomegranate papers.
You really have done an awesome job on the sketch, and I just love how you included a photo of the inside! How cute to include an embellishment made out of the cake part of the image to go along with the fun S2G sentiment!

Juls~ said...

Hi Jeannie!

I *luv* those cute Shirley characters! They are so fun! Love everything about the card, yep, everything as usual! I like the texture of the embossed paper and the patterned papers you selected. The green is really really cool. Adorable!

I'm still working on golf team photos -- sorting thru and seeing what I have of all the kids. The girls team has not put forth much effort - only one mom. Isn't that sad? So, I may have to rally them all soon.

Anyway, I'll be glad when I'm finished. The coach also wants me to throw in some video he's been taking! I think it should be easy enuf but I don't know how! I'll figure it all out - slowwwwwly.

I miss all my blogger-budz! I helped a friend rearrange her master bathroom. It looks awesome!

{xoxo} Juls~

Jaspere said...

Pink looks good on here. Great job on the challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

Great vibrant colors Jeannie! I love these papers and that stamp is cute!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Girl, you NAILED this sketch! Great job with the embossing, too! Thank you so much for playing our challenge every week and for your tireless promotion of Shirley's 2 Girls. You're like our "honorary" design team member - you ROCK, Jeannie! Thank you so much for playing! Hugs!

peggysue said...

I really like those background papers, very cool. Nice card, neat blog, glad I visited.

Erin Smetak said...

This card is awesome!!! Everything goes together so well!
Fabulous job!!!

Elena said...

So pretty! I really love the layout and fun colors!

Chelle said...

Oh, I love the colour combination!

Justine said...

Love your take on our Twisted little challenge. I hope you will come play with us again this Thursday!!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs