It's Monday so here's a little fishy to cheer you up. I combined 2 challenges today. I used Mojo Monday's sketch, and the 365 Cards challenge is Something's Fishy, so that means add a fish somewhere on the card. The papers are K&Company's Wild Saffron, with some sunflower, white and ivory cardstock. The stamps are from a little $1 set from Inkadinkado, that I inked with SU's Blue Bayou. I colored with some markers, added some ribbon and tied it with some crochet thread, and added some tulle on top of the punched scallop circle. I added 3 tiny buttons and used some pop-dots. This is a pretty wild in color and papers card, but I think he's a happy little guy just the same.

Well I received a job offer on Friday!!!!!.....contingent on them checking me out via references and a background and drug test over the next few days. I'm not sure if I'll start later this week, or just next Monday and I'm both nervous and excited. I'm not nervous about the tests, but just starting somewhere new and stuff, you know what I mean? So now that I've had 2 months off, and now that I know I only have a few days of not working, there's a bunch of stuff I want to get done. I'll give you more details about the job as soon as I know more, but I think the hours and the company will be just perfect for me.

Neal and I went to see the movie Obsessed yesterday after he dropped the kids off, and it was just ok. The typical Fatal Attraction type movie, but Beyonce was good in it. She's so beautiful. Then we stopped and got a burger at Johnny Rocket's and came home and watched Amazing Race. I'm not sure who I'd like to win anymore, they have all shown some pretty bad sides of themselves over the last few weeks.

I hope you have a great day, thanks for visiting, LUV the comments, and take care!

Peace and Luv,

31 comments :

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great card! I love how the sentiment finishes up in the circle!

PaulaM said...

Cute Card. Love the layout and evrything. Great job. TFS

AUsome mom said...

Love this card!! And congrats on the job offer! Can't wait to here more details...

Lelia said...

Too cute...love the bright colors! :O)

Steph said...

Love your card! I have these papers, too, and now I can't wait to put something together with them!

adeline said...

This card is really funny and colors are really nice together, i love it!

Stephanie said...

Awesome job! Love your fish and sentiment!

Carol Dee said...

YIPEE...I am so excited about the job offer, You'd think it was me getting a new job!!! LOL

LOVE, love, love the cute fishy card. I like BRIGHTS. And the fish is Adorable.

I know what you mean about being off 2 months and not getting much done...happens to me EVERY Summer. :)

I do not usually watch reality T.V. but saw the last half of the Donald Trump thing (can't think of the name of the show) YIKES. Joan and Melissa Rivers are NUTS. O.K. I like Clint Black. :) Since Joan stomped off I might have to check next week to see if she really did go for good!

Gotta Run, time to pick up track team.

Christina said...

I love the bright colors on this. Very cute card. Visiting via mojo monday blog.

Bex said...

That sentiment is too cute! Congrats on the job offer!

Chrissie said...

Simply fabby.I love this card.
Chrissie

Fi said...

Fintastic card Jeannie, love the colours and that stamp.
Hugs
Fi

~amy~ said...

Congrats on your job offer!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Your card couldn't be any cuter...love it!

Kristen Hermanny said...

Love the sentiment, and how you split is up like that. What a wonderful idea and one of a kind. Everyone has had such excellent takes with this challenge today. I am really loving looking at them all!

Juls~ said...

Hi Jeannie!

Congrats on the job! I had a feeling that you'd snag it *hook line and sinker!* ;)

The card is adorable, as usual! I'm couped up working on banquet photos and haven't had time to post but I'm still around!

So happy for you!!! And how exciting to start a new job. I'd be a little nervous too. You will do great!

Juls~

Gloria Stengel said...

This is cute. I lurrrvvvve this paper! It's so pretty.

We watch Amazing Race too, dh my teen ds, and I. We had been rooting for the mom and son, but lately...not so much. We do like the brother/sister team also, sometimes. LOL It's a hard season to root for people!

Fran said...

wow.. just look at those colors.. bright and beautiful card.. I love it!

Fran said...

wow.. just look at the colors. so bright and smiley.. Love your card

shawn said...

yea on the job offer.. can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Miss Sue said...

Great idea combining to challenges! Cute card! Congrats on your job offer!

willow said...

Congratulations on your new job, great card by the way
maz

Karen Lee said...

I love all the bright colors you used for this card. You really created a little masterpiece here!! I love it!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

So stinkin cute and colourful!
Great Job!
R

Rose said...

LOVE THIS!! :-)

Ann said...

Super cute! Love the colors...too bad I don't have any fishies, so I can't play today. :(

kristie sessions said...

sheesh, this is so adorable!!! ANd congrats on the new job! hope you transition easily (as Im sure you will!)

kristie sessions said...

sheesh, this is so adorable!!! ANd congrats on the new job! hope you transition easily (as Im sure you will!)

Rosemary said...

Congrats on the new job!

This card is fun fun fun! It's so happy with the bright colors! Love it!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! Congrats! That is great news on the job offer!
As always, great card! Start selling them on-line! :)

Meli Mitchell said...

These colors are SO much fun! Love how you split up that sentiment!

Elena said...

Super cute card, Jeannie!
Congratulations on your new work!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs