It's Friday and I'm sending some sunshine to those of you who may not have it in your neck of the woods - especially poor Colorado! Yikes!! So I'm blog-hopping again yesterday (everyday), and I came across another talented artist where you can download the images and color them in. The name of the site is Sketching Stamper and that is where I found this beautiful pot of tulips. Whenever I think of tulips I think red, I guess that's from my childhood somewhere, so that's how I colored them. The DP is from SU's Pattern Packs II, and it is also reversible, so I luv that. The base cardstock is white, with some black and Apricot Appeal. No idea why they call it apricot because it's yellow, but whatev. Then the ribbon is also SU and I added some rhinestones and a dragonfly with a couple of glitzy stickers on it. I might make a few more with some of the other colors of paper that I have too since, and I'm not sure why, it took me so long to come up with this card layout today. Let me know what you think.

So yesterday was my Dixie's 8th birthday and so her daddy sent me this cell phone pic of her in her birthday crown. I called and sang to her and I sure wish I could have given her some big hugs and kisses. We talked about getting her back to me somehow now that she's in Omaha, and decided that the summer being so very hot here that maybe we should wait until the fall so that she can be here over the winter. So she'll be a snowbird, so to speak.

I hope your day is great and that you are looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for stopping in, take care of yourself, and leave a comment to let me know that you were here.

Peace and Luv,

7 comments :

Elena said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! Layout is so beautiful, Jeannie! Happy Birthday to Dixie!

Carol Dee said...

Pretty card. Love the tulips and dragonfly :) And tree ripened apricots are pretty much that shade of yellow!

shawn said...

Happy B'day to little Dixie!! I hope that she gets to get back to you soon!!

Cheryl Walker said...

very pretty card hun!!! I hope your little Dixie home soon!!!!! Have a wonderful day, and love your card, very pretty!!!!!

Ann said...

So pretty! I love that little dragonfly!

Dixie is such a cutie pie! Hope you are reunited soon!!!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Your colors on your cards are so vibrant! Thanks for the sweet note. Have a great week!

Jenny Gropp said...

Awwww a snowbird doggie!!! Love the card and how you trimmed out around the sentiment.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs