I combined a couple of challenges again today. The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday has a great sketch layout today, and 365 Cards:Day 59 is to use a Miss You sentiment, or something similar. The base of the card is a dark brown Bazzil, then some SU Close to Cocoa cardstock, with a piece of SU's patterned paper from the Delicate Dots pack. Not sure where the orange with white polka dots paper is from. The owl and the Hoo! is from a paper from Sassafrass Lass that I cut out, and he is pop-dotted, and then I just added the "do I miss" below it. I used a small scallop square punch, a Fiskars small scallop scissor, some orange grosgrain ribbon, some dark brown Offray ribbon, and some rhinestones. In the center, I cut out an orange circle using a Nestabilitie and inked it a little, with a dark brown circle of the Bazzil underneath it. The flower is from last week when I had done a recycling card with newspaper and I had done several at the same time. If you missed it, it's just newspaper that I cut out using Sizzlit die cut, crumpled it, and then inked it up. I put an orange button in the center of it. On the inside of the card it sez.....You...that's whoooooo!

I went to my screening appointment this morning, and it looks like, tentively anyway, they want me to start next Monday, the 4th. I do need to get some outfits together, which means a little bit of shopping this week! I think I'll treat myself to a manicure and pedicure on Friday too!

I hope your day is good. I appreciate your visit, and all of your great comments. Yesterday, I think I got the most comments ever, so thank you so much!!

Peace and Luv,

12 comments :

Audrey said...

Gorgeous! Luv the colour on the card and that owl is too cute!

Fi said...

Wow Jeannie, that is just soooooooo cute - I love your owl and the colours and those newspaper flowers are perfect.
Hugs
Fi

Made by Mandy said...

Love the colours and the owl is a cutie.

Sounds like good news with your interview, hope they tell you soon if you definitely have it.

Keeping fingers crossed for you and let us know :) xxx

Vicky said...

This is so awesome! Love the colors and I LOVE that flower! I'm so going to have to use newspaper for embellies - never thought to do that! You did a great job on the sketch - it all came together perfectly!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Jeannie I love it. The owl is soooo so cute. I was going to ask you where you got the stamp and then I read your post so it was from a paper. It would be lovely papers. I love owls and I adore orange. So it's a winner.
Regards
Michelle

Carol Dee said...

Another great card.
Have fun shopping, I would say a new job is reason enough to go on a shopping trip!!!
HUGS...

~amy~ said...

LOVE this Jeannie!!! I'm on a huge owl kick these days :) Woo hoo for a mani/pedi day!!!

PaulaM said...

This is really cute. LOVE the layout, that is great. TFS

Rose said...

Oh I LOVE the owl and the way your flower is done!!! :-)

Rosemary said...

You make such cute cards! Love seeing them and this is no exception- love that owl!

Elena said...

This card is so pretty! I love how you was inspired by this sketch!

Ann said...

Ohhh, I love that owl, and your color combo is fab!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs