Hi there and Happy Twisted Thursday! Today's challenge at Shirley's 2 Girls, besides following a sketch layout which can be found at Karolyn's blog Paper Therapy, is to add ribbon. Not very hard at all, ya?! I'd luv to see what you can do, so why not join us? All the details are on Paper Therapy, so check it out. I didn't follow the sketch exactly, but I think I'm still within the realm of the challenge layout. I used one of S2G's stamps, called Domino's Hugs, as well as the patterned paper from the Indulge package. I paper pieced her pants and hat and then just colored the rest in with markers. Also used is a small square scallop punch and a small circle punch, ribbon of course, and rhinestones.

I may be back later with another post, because as luck would have it at 365 Cards today, they have a challenge to use recycling elements. Well last nite I saw some flowers being sold on Etsy that I had to try for myself and I made them with newspaper. I actually made 5 flowers trying out different shapes and sizes.

What I need to do now is hit the shower and get some stuff done here today, I slept in a little longer than I should have. We have the kids this weekend and it's Quen's birthday, so tonite when Neal gets home we have some running around to do. But before that I need to get another outfit together becuz.........I have a second interview tomorrow morning!!! Yes, the place that I went to last week called, and I guess it's between me and another, and tomorrow I will be meeting with 3 more people. So....I probably won't be posting anything tomorrow until later in the afternoon.

I hope your Thursday is a little twisted, and join the challenge today, you could win good stuff!!

Peace and Luv,

11 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Did you hear "YES" and hand clapping there in AZ. So happy to hear you got a call back. :)
I will be holing my breath and crossing EVERYTHING for good luck.

WOW 'em.

Fun card. Looking forward to seeing the flowers of newspaper!

HUGS

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! That is GREAT news - I'll be thinking of ya! Best of luck on your Second interview tomorrow! And get that job!!!

Karolyn Loncon said...

Woohoo!! Wishing you luck on your interview tomorrow - I'm sure they'll love you!!

Love your S2G card - your interpretation of the sketch is brilliant. I just added that image to my shopping cart - your coloring and paper-piecing are wonderful! Thanks for playing, Jeannie. Once again you totally came through!

Juls~ said...

Jeannie!

That is terrific news about your 2nd job interview. Best of luck! I know you'll do great!!!

Another dahling card as usual!

Juls~

Jaspere said...

The sketch is a mere interpretation anyway. I actually made a card for the wrong sketch and had to whip up one with the correct one late last night. That's just how it goes. BTW cute card.

Ann said...

That is wonderful news--I'll say a little prayer for you tomorrow! Good luck! ;)

Love that image on your card!

Chelle said...

Your card to just too cute! Love everything about it. TFS

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, this is wonderful. Love your take on the sketch..... Fabulous color palette and design! Thanks for playing this week's TT challenge.

Erin Smetak said...

Your card is awesome!!! I love everything about it!!! That purple and white background paper is perfect for this card! It makes your image panel pop!

Fabulous job!!!

Elena said...

Wow! What a beautiful card, Jeannie! Love it!!!

Justine said...

What a great Shout Out about our challenge, thank you. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Thinking outside the box and making a sketch is always a very sassy thing to do (I'm the rebellious one of the Team, can ya tell ;o)
Good Luck and I hope that you will play again with us this week??

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs