Hi there and Happy Saturday!! This card I made for the SFYTT this week, but apparently I'm too late to post it becuz it changes on Saturdays, so there's a new sketch already. Anyway, the birdie is from Pink Petticoat that I colored in with markers. The DP is SU's Delicate Dots and I luv the fact that it's reversible. That makes it easy. The other stamp set that I used is SU's Polka Dot Punches for the star/flower. The cardstock is Baja Breeze, Apricot Appeal, and ivory. I used Close to Cocoa ink. The punches used are circle, scallop circle, star and scallop border. There's one pretty blue rhinestone on the outside, and two on the inside. The ribbon I won in a blog candy prize, and it might be SU, but I'm not sure. Luv it tho. Don't forget to jazz up the inside and the envie too!!

Since I was feelin inspired I made this sweet little card with the same papers. The stamp is from Michael's $1 spot, but from quite awhile ago. I might have even gotten it in Colorado. It's from Studio G - Kolette Hall. Notice how I paper pieced the pot with the same paper? The ribbon is Offray, and I crimped a strip of the Baja Breeze cardstock, and then just added a yellow button.

Last nite Neal and I went out for dinner, since we haven't done that in awhile. The place was called Islands and it's a very tropical and surfer dude-ish place. For drinks I had a Tropical Storm and he had a Mai Tai. We had two of their specialty burgers, mine was called the Hawaiian and it had pineapple and teriyaki sauce on it. Neal's was the Kilauea, which was a spicy jalapeno, pepper cheesy thing. I found it driving back and fort to Becky's and I've been wanting to go. We had fun and we watched the Phoenix Suns win over the Sacramento Kings.

Well today is my recipe swap day, I've got half of them done and I've got to make the recipe to take along, so I'd better get groovin here. I'll be posting it tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting with me for a little bit, have an awesome Saturday, I appreciate and luv your comments, and take care!!

Peace and Luv,

4 comments :

shawn said...

very cute.. I have never downloaded something.. I really should try.. and now I have a reason too...
hope that you had a great Saturday...

Elena said...

They are so pretty! Amazing how one type of papers can be inspired for two different cards! Love them, Jeannie!

Carol Dee said...

SWEET...as usual!
I love the SU designer papers. Fun and reversable.

Your dinner out sounds nice. Bob and I just got back from celelbrating our 32nd anniversary with a dinner at Red Lobstwer. My salmon was very good.

Karen ~ said...

Now I'm craving a Hawaiian burger :-) Share your recipe you are taking to the swap, with us, too!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs