Here's my Thursday Part II post today which is for 365 Cards, Day 53:Recycled Elements. I saw some similar flowers on Etsy last nite and thought I'd try my hand at them. I used newspaper, crumpled it up, and then inked it up. On the very bottom is some ivory tulle, then a Nestabilitie flower, also inked, then the newspaper flower and then a button with crochet thread to hold it altogether. Since I had SU's Lavender Lace cardstock out from earlier today I used it for some of the layering together with some Green Grocer's brown bag paper, which is recycled paper. I took one of SU's old Background Basic stamps and some white ink for the background. The patterned paper is a scrap from the Once Upon a Time mat stack. Then just some ribbon and some pop-dots and here you go.

I hope your day was good, and remember to enjoy the little things.

Peace and Luv,

11 comments :

Karen Lee said...

Terrific flower. I'm going to have to try one of these myself. Very pretty card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE THE FLOWER...I am going to try this. Great look. TFS

AUsome mom said...

Another masterpiece from you today! I love this! That flower is VERY creative.

~amy~ said...

Very lovely Jeannie....great idea for the flower!!!

willow said...

I love this, its so pretty. Great idea for the flower
maz

Sandy said...

that flower is SOO cool!! I'm definitely going to have to try it out. Just gotta find myself some old newspaper now!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Beautiful and elegant no one would ever guess that this card was made from recycled items. Great job with this challenge.

Elena said...

This card is stunning! And I love the flower you created!

stephjacobson said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower--I'm going to give that a try.

Jana said...

Wonderful card. Love your flower. I am going to have to try crumpling and inking one now.

Justine said...

I love this card. I am so going to try this out too.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs