Happy Sunday and today's card was indeed a challenge for me. At 365 Cards-Day 50, Super Sketchy Sunday, this sketch was a challenge. I changed it 3 times and decided that I just couldn't do a horizontal card that I liked today with it. So I took big liberties and this is what I came up with. The bunch of flowers is a download from the Sketching Stamper, like the tulips from Friday, and I just colored it in with SU markers. The patterned paper is from the Paper Loft, and the cardstocks used are SU's Close to Cocoa, white and sunflower. The ribbon is from Doodlebug Designs, I used an oval Nestabilitie, a couple of buttons and pop-dots.

Yesterday was a crazy busy day for Neal and I running around between his school and errands, but then we were able to make it to Mesa where a Creating Keepsakes Convention was. Bazzill paper was there, so of course I had to get some of that and a few Close to My Heart stamps. Neal is always amazed by it all and luvs to people watch at these things, he's so funny. We left at 10 in the morning and didn't get home until 6ish, so we just watched a movie and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Today he's back at school for a couple of hours getting a presentation together that his department will be presenting tomorrow. Lots of work has gone into this by all, so I hope it will all go well. So I'm just hanging out, I watched the Brewers-Mets game and the Brewers won which is good, and now I'm just watching some HGTV. I like Dear Genevieve a lot. If you used to watching Trading Spaces, she is one of the designers.

Well I hope your weekend was good, thanks for stopping in and take care!

Peace and Luv,

14 comments :

willow said...

Gorgeous colours and I love the image, your colouring is great
Maz

Jackie said...

I love your card and the vibrant colors you used! awesome work & tfs!!!

Jana said...

I love your coloring. The whole card is just awesome. I really like the way you changed it up. Also love the ribbon/button combo on each side.

Carol Dee said...

I see that could be a tricky scetch to work with, I do not think it is against any rule to flip the orientation. I am loving that BG paper.

I think I like Neal :) My DH will not go into any stamp store, craft store, etc with me. He gets so impatient. (And I am sure he is thinking "She can't really need anything more!")

Vicky said...

Awesome take on today's sketch!! Love that image and your coloring is superb - great job!!!

Rose said...

It may have been a challenge for you but did a fantastic job!! love the colors and the flowers are great :-)

Karen Lee said...

I love the colors in the paper...gorgeous!! Great bunch of flowers!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Oh, beautiful job! I love that beautiful bouquet of flowers and your papers are very pretty.

kristie sessions said...

cute card today! Love that you flipped the sketch. Such a great take. Nice job!

~amy~ said...

Jeannie, great work on today's sketch!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love how you changed up the sketch! Out of the box, girl! Good job!

Jackie said...

Your blog is so wonderful! I will be visiting quite often. Your card looks fabulous!

Elena said...

Wow! Fabulous card, Jeannie! I love the bright colors! You did fantastic job on this challenge!

Jenny Gropp said...

Your DP suits your stamping perfectly!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs