This is a set that I just received, Puns from the Past, and since I luv puns and I've seen some cute things done with it, I knew I had to have it. I used one of the top note die cuts that I have made out of Baja Breeze and the background DP's are K&Company's Wild Saffron line. There is also some Close to Cocoa and Sunflower and cream cardstock. The ink for the stamp is Chocolate Chip, and the ink used for distressing is ColorBox Chestnut Brown. The brown grosgrain ribbon is Offray and I'm not sure where I got the little button brads or the blue flower. They were just laying around in my stash is all and lookin' for a home. This is a good reminder to dust off my sewing machine one of these days.

How about some chocolate covered strawberry cookies? Well I've had a strawberry cake craving, had a box on the shelf, and I heard about this recipe to take any cake mix flavor at all, add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup vegetable oil and you've got cookie dough! My oven runs hot, so it took about 10-11 minutes at 350. Don't let them get any more brown than just around the very edges or they are crispy. Otherwise, they are soft deliciousness. I just melted down a giant hershey's kiss I got for Valentine's day and drizzled it over the top. Yummy!

I hope your week is going well so far, thanks for visiting me, and I do appreciate your comments very much.

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

Carol Dee said...

O.K. now you've gone and made me hngry :) LOL ( I am always hungry.) The cookies sure look yummy. I have a box of lemon cake mix in the cabinet, so I may give this a try. TFS.

I like the card, great distressing. Cute button brads, I have some of those in pastel colors. I was thinking baby cards, but they go so good with the sewing machine.

I got together with friends and made some cards last night. So I have a few on hand. My supply is still low. I think I will try to finish organizing craft room over spring break. (Next Week.) And then get busy creating.

So many ideas, so little time!

Hugs....

JULS~ said...

Jeannie!

Mailed your blog candy out today. You should get it sometime this week! Hope you like it.

This is a really cute card. It looks like you stitched it?? But I don't think you did coz you said you needed to dust off the ol' sewing machine. I've seen a lot of that and wish I knew how to. I finished a page for Mason but it lacks umph! So, I keep looking at it thinking I need to add more.

That floral paper is really cute. I recently bought K&Company Classic K Bailey paper that reminds me of what you made for me! It's very vintage, sweet looking. So, you used chalk to antique the cards? That's cool. I will photograph your cards on my blog. I don't know why I cannot seem to get things rolling along smoothly again. It's TIME!

Hope you are having a good day!

{xoxo} Juls~

Karen ~ said...

I just made Cake Mix Cookies last night too! They are my absolute favorite. My kids', too. Our most usual combination is to take a triple-chocolate cake mix and then blend in about 3/4 of a package of peanut butter chips. Absolutely to die for!!!!! I've never tried a strawberry concoction - will have to do that.

shawn said...

cute card.. and the cookies look yummy!!
I have a recipe that you use coolwhip in the cake mix.. those are pretty yummy too.. I use a brownie mix and they are sort of like chocolate crinkles.. yum!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pastel colors !
And your cookies are so yummy!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs