There's no place like HOME!!! I was driving around yesterday thinking that AZ is such a beautiful place to live and it does feel truly like home for me now. This is a Shirley's 2 Girls stamp, and every Thursday they have a Twisted Thursday challenge, this is #4. This card is for it and so this is one of their awesome stamps. If you know me at all, you know I LUV the Wizard of Oz and everything about it. I am (still) reading Dorothy on the Rocks right now, and so this was the perfect card for me to do for the challenge. The fun striped paper is also S2G's, from the Soar package, then the rest are cardstock scraps. Also in the challenge you were to do add some paper piercing, so you'll see that on it as well. It's a very glittery card in person, I also put some Frosted Lace Stickles on the top of the ruffle socks and rhinestones on her ruby slippers. The glittery dragonfly sticker is from Stampendous. The beautiful sheer green ribbon is S2G's, the Blissful-aqua, sky, lime set. Then I put some white twine around it with a blue and silver brad in the middle. The main image is just colored in with markers and it has many pop-dots to give it a lift. Go on over to Paper Therapy - Karolyn's blog for all the details on this challenge and join in! You've got until Sunday midnite to come up with your creation and you can win S2G's stuff - it's a win-win situation!

I do hope your Friday is going great and so your weekend will be as well! Leave me some luv in your coments before you go, and take care!

(By the way - the Scrapbook shop I went to yesterday was, well, just ok).

Peace and Luv,

11 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Ah, YES there is no place like home! Sweet Ruby slippers.
(And a dragonfly, too!)

Sorry the stamping store was a disapointment, there must be someplace good, have fun searching :)

shawn said...

Very cute.. Hannah use to call it "Wiz of was"... she would yell it at me because I had no clue what she was talking about...
Sorry about the store too.. just means that there is somewhere out there waiting for you....

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I love the cute sparkly dragonfly! Sorry that the store wasn't great...

Debbie said...

Jeannie - This is an awesome card! I love how you used the colors and the ribbon! Thanks for playing Twisted Thursday!

Juls~ said...

Alo Alo Jeannie {said in French accent again}!

Girl!? My favorite all time childhood movie is the Wizard of Oz and I FELL IN ABSOLUTE LOVE with the ruby slippers! To do this day, I WISH I had a pair! Even if just to look at!

Have fun craft shopping today!

{xoxo} Juls~

Karolyn Loncon said...

Jeannie, this is SPECTACULAR!! I love the composition of it all and your attention to detail is SPOT ON!! Thanks so much for playing this week! Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Fabulous card -- love it! Thanks so much for playing this week.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh how CA-UUUTE is this Jeannie! Love the sense of color and pattern, totally made me smile!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love this! The color pops! The sentiment and image is just great! fantastic card!

Jaspere said...

This is fabulous. Love how you added a little bling to the shoes.

Joy said...

fab card! thanks for playing!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs