Shabby chic meets garden dragonfly? Not sure how I came up with this combo, but I like it. I'm on a green grocer's brown bag paper kick again I think. Anyway, this stamp is another sent to me by the wonderful Carol Dee. I colored it in with Rose Red, Regal Rose and Old Olive. I polka dotted the paper bag paper with the polka dots backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms and then I used ColorBox Chestnut chalk around the edges. The cardstock is Brilliant Blue, Certainly Celery and cream. The DP is from Joann's and it sez it is from Glitz Design. Then I used my oval punch and scallop oval punch, some ribbon, and some rhinestones and pop-dots. I also used a Signo pen to dot the scallops. The font is Scriptina. Let me know what you think.

So is it a happy Monday for y'all? I have nothing to be UN-happy about, except the whole job thing, which is big but I'm doing my best and hoping I hear something soon. I have sent out, to date, 42 resumes in 2 weeks. It's a crazy world out in the job market right now, and scarey too.

It's been really hot all weekend, in the 90's, which is crazy stuff right now. Neal's allergies are going bonkers right now, so we've got the place closed up tight trying to keep all the junk in the air out. I saw what New York looked like on the View this morning and they're getting hit with cold and snow big time as I'm sure others of you are too. Sorry!

Well what's on tonite kids???.......The Bachelor season finale!!!! Wow - has this season had a following, or what? Can't wait!

Don't forget to leave me a comment on this card and whatever else you feel like talking about - I luv hearing from you and appreciate your comments. Hey - what about the new polka dot blog background from thecutestblogontheblock.com? Too cutesy? I'm still looking for a better one, but let me know what you think about it anyway.

Peace and Luv,

9 comments :

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty pretty, love that sketch, TFS.

Karen ~ said...

Love the polka-dots! Actually it's the grosgrain ribbon that puts me over the edge.

I have not watched the Bachelot this season at all, but I may just tune in tonight, I hear rumor there is some sort of weird ending. Only if there is nothing else on I want to see.

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous!!! Love everything about it!

shawn said...

OH I like it.. and the polka dots are cute..
AND gee thanks for that weather widget there.. makes this 20 something feel REAL nice!!!

JULS~ said...

Jeannie! OMG, I almost forgot about The Bachelor. I'll go tune in.... Hey, the blog background is really fresh and ties in nicely with the dragonfly theme. And the card is really, really terrific! I do like that shabby chic garden dragonfly mix. I wish I had cutters like you do coz you do some really cute stuff with them.

{Hugzzz}

Carol Dee said...

Oh-My I did not recognioze the dragonfly! You make them all look so good!!! Glad you are having fun with them:)

It is going to start warming up here, just not into the 90's. WOW I will be thrilled with the 50-60's for early March.

I can't wait to see more dragonflies...hehe.

The blog background is O.K. just not quite...you?

Karen ~ said...

Wow, that was worth watching (The Bachelor, I mean) but I can't watch tonight so I will have to read up later on what happens.

Ellen is having everyone involved on her show this week. Wednesday - Chris Harrison. Thursday - Melissa. Friday - Jason & Molly.

Those I will be watching!!

Karen ~ said...

Wow, that was worth watching (The Bachelor, I mean) but I can't watch tonight so I will have to read up later on what happens.

Ellen is having everyone involved on her show this week. Wednesday - Chris Harrison. Thursday - Melissa. Friday - Jason & Molly.

Those I will be watching!!

Karen ~ said...

PS - I liked yesterday's polka-dots better than today's flowers. FWIW!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs