Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was great, as was mine. Today's card I really, really like. So much so, that I made another one in a light orange and I wish I could make more, but I don't have anymore of the Brilliant Blue cardstock. This one all started really with the ribbon. Do you see the dragonflies? It's from Michael's and it's from the Sugar 'n Spice line. Like my Iowa blogger and fellow dragonfly friend Carol, I bought a bunch of ribbon there recently, all with dragonflies. So the cardstock then, like I said earlier is Brilliant Blue, Cameo Coral and white. The DP is from the Pattern Pack II. Then I used my new leaf Sizzlit and cut out 2 of them, one in Kiwi Kiss and one in Wild Wasabi. The flower is Prisma. The stamp is from the new A Little Somethin' set. The little bitty flowers are the punch outs from a flower border punch. I finished it off with a pearl sticker. Hope you like it.

So every fall when football season starts, I start an afghan. Living in AZ there isn't too much call for big heavy blankets, but the evenings do get chilly. This year I decided to use up some colors that I had around, and so there's chocolate brown on both ends, then some of what they call Lace, some off white, and in the center a black stripe. I finished it on Friday so I thought I'd share a pic of it with you. There are a lot of friends and family out there that have one of these, as when I sit and watch tv, especially football, my hands still need to be working on something. Now that I'm not working, and have a bunch of nervous energy, this is perfect for me. Unfortunately, now that it's getting hot, I won't be making any over the summer, at least not like this. Neal's little one, Ali, wants a red one tho. So I think I'll make a tiny one for her as her birthday is in June and I promised it. This one can just about fit a queen size bed, but maybe that's the ticket for over the summer is to just make some smaller ones. I've also been thinking about checking out some of the baby hospital's to see if they accept little baby blankets, so I may just start doing that if they do. If not, I know there are many charities out there that do accept them.

I guess I've rattled on enough here this morning with too much java next to me, so I do hope your day is great, and I appreciate you visiting and your comments!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

5 comments :

Karen ~ said...

That thank you card is exactly what I need RIGHT NOW! I am actually having to go buy one (shaking my head in disbelief.)

And your afghan is beautiful! I didn't know your talents ran in this direction, too. I am sure hospitals will welcome your offerings.

Hope you are having a good Monday - it's raining here. Sigh.

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE THAT RIBBON!!!
Hmmm, I didn't get any in that color. Probably would have if I had seen it :)

Great card. The BIG prima is fun, too.

Nice afgan, knit or croquette? I don't do either very well. Just basic stitchs and scarf dementions. How many scaves can one girl use? I have to give away most of what I have made. Usually add them to food baskets at church or school in November.

Have a great week. HUGS..

ChristineCreations said...

LOVE your afghan, gorgeous job!...I just finished knitting a baby blanket for my niece. I'm a really novice knitter, but it was fun to do.

Elena said...

Your are so talented, Jeannie!
Your afghan is gorgeous! I love your card too! The ribbon and flower are so pretty!

Jenny Gropp said...

oh wow -- so envious of your talent! It took me ten years to complete the only afghan I ever made. How wonderful of you to donate hand made baby blankets - very special to any new mother!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs