Happy Friday! I was playing around with some punches and started with the tree and from there I wasn't sure what to do. When I put it on top of one of the top note die cuts, it all seemed to come together. So I used Close to Cocoa cardstock with a little Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Garden Green and white. The DP is from K&Company's Berry Sweet mat pack. The tree trunk and branches is a punch that was on clearance at Michael's for $6.99, then I used the circle scallop punch for the "leaves" and a border punch for the shrubs. Then some flower rhinestones, a bit of ribbon, a flower chipboard button, some twine and the dream sticker. Oh, and I can't forget the itty bitty dragonfly, which is also a punch. No stamps, but the edges were inked with ColorBox Chestnut Chalk.

I had a bit of the DP left from the card above, and this is the other side of it so I had to do something with it, right? I had gotten this stamp from my Stampin' Up friend Jan, not sure what set it's from, but he sure is a cutie. The rest is all cardstock, Tangerine Tango, Certainly Celery and white. I used a Fiskars zig-zag scissor, a couple of rhinestones, ribbon and pop-dots. The edging ink is ColorBox Olive Pastel chalk. We can all use a little "chirping up" I think these days, ya?!

I'm going to run over to a friends today, the friend with the awesome garage turned craft room, to play with the Cuttlebug for a little bit this afternoon so that'll be fun. Tomorrow, Neal and I have lots of running around to do in Tempe, and Sunday is probably just a lay around day.

Dinner was great last nite, and I actually have a dinner menu planned out for the rest of the weekend. This is a rare thing, but since I'm sitting home on my big butt these days I have plenty of time to plan things like that. Plus, between Kraft, Pillsbury and Betty Crocker you can surf their websites for endless possibilities.

I hope your weekend is good, whatever it is you're doing. Thanks for visiting and I appreciate your comments very, very much! Be safe and take care!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

7 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Sometimes I will make a card with no stamping, well usually the verse inside still is! I just made four of the cutest Easter cards with 3D bunny stickers from walmart and scrap paper.

I printed a copy of last yesterdays BBQ stacks. It looks like one I'd like to try. TFS

YIKES, I made another stop at a craft store, Hobby Lobby, this time. I gotta get back to work. 5 craft sores in one week. My billfold says "UNCLE" :o)

Have a super good weekend. HUGS

JULS~ said...

Hi Jeannie!

As usual, both your cards are darling! I should use my scalloped scissors more! I surfed blogs last night and added some cute French and altered artish ones. And there's a lady who is very creative and does the chipboard books.

I spent HOURS today trying to figure out how to do a GRUNGE style layout for Mason's golf presentation. I'm about ready to just do plain ol' pictures. Photoshop is soooo techie! I found a website that sells templates but I'm holding off in hopes I'll figure it out and maybe find some freebies. The problem with freebies are the viruses or invasive software :(

Anyway! *Chirp Up!* is EXACTLY what I NEEDED today!!! LOL!

{xoxo} Juls~

Heather Mc said...

Hi Jeannie!

I came to your blog via Splitcoast -- Love the chirp up card (that is a Sellabration set from a couple of years ago) Anyway, loved what you did with it, and I LOVE the tree card as well. Enjoyed visiting your blog - have a wonderful weekend!

heather
Saskatchewan, Canada

Erin Bigler said...

LOVE your tree & grass, Jeannie... VERY clever!

Elena said...

So cute! Love, love the tree you created! So clever! And little bird is so sweet!

ChristineCreations said...

I LOVE that tree Jeannie! Totally cute and creative!

Jenny Gropp said...

These are darling!!! Love that little chirp up!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs