Today's creation is for Splitcoaststampers challenge SC217. This is also a new stamp that I hadn't used yet from Penny Black. I feel guilty for spending the money that I did on all of this new stuff now before I got laid off. Still, it's fun to get something in the mail. The stamp actually has a butterfly on the puppy's tail. The dog reminds me of my Dixie, so you know I had to get it. The cardstock is Baja Breeze, sunflower, cream, and the DP is from K&Company's Berry Sweet line. I used a scallop scissor, a tiny hole punch, a small dragonfly punch, ric-rac, crochet thread and rhinestones. Mine is just a little card, but this is a great layout and there are really some fabulous things done with it on the splitcoast gallery.

I went to the library today and got some music to download and the place was packed for a Wednesday afternoon. I guess I'm not the only one without a job and looking for some free entertainment. The computer area actually has a sign up sheet for you to rent an hour at a time. Crazy stuff.

It's 6:30ish, Neal's at nite school til 9, and I think the only thing on is Idol. I think they're down to the final 12, but I'm not sure. I don't usually tune in until all of the crazy auditions are over. Oh ya, Top Chef is on later tonite too - go Carla!!!

Peace and Luv,

9 comments :

shawn said...

very cute card..
Yup know what you are saying about going for some cheap entertainment. Our Library even has free passes to places like musuems and such.. so that is a cool thing.. you just check it out.. use it and you dont' even have to return it!!
How is the hunt going???

Carol Dee said...

Another sweet card, of course I love the puppy with the dragonfly on his tail!

I forgot to congratulate you on the blog award for the great button box... CONGRATS !!!

If you are willing to move back to the mid-west I just saw an add for a job youd be great for! Oh-Well...I would not move here if I wasn't rooted so deep!

Good Luck job searching.

Elena said...

This card is so CUTE! Oh, Jeannie, I love how you played with this sketch!!!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

How cute! I love all the details and border punch!

JULS~ said...

Jeannie! This puppy is just way too cute! I can totally understand why you had to have it - *lurve* it! And, yes, life is FULL of sweet surprises, but can I have more?!?!?!

JULS~ said...

Hi Jeannie! This is my friend, Jamie! She wants to ask you sumthin' ... luv and peace GF! Juls! okay here is Jamie ....

Where in the world did you get that puppy stamp. I luv it!!!! I have to have it!!!! Let Juls know. P.S. I luv your blog! Jamie P.S.S. Tell Juls to get a real picture of herself on her blog!

JULS~ said...

She's only sayin that becoz she's tipsy! {We are makin u sumthinnnnn!!!}

JULS~ said...

Hey Jeannie! The stamp is the beagle on the "life is full of sweet surprises" card...

Jenny Gropp said...

This card turned out super... lots of little details that all work together perfectly.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs