A sweet little Valentine for you today! This was quick and easy. I took some of the Green Grocer's brown bag paper and just used a little heart stamp in the Riding Hood Red ink and stamped all around and then cut it to fit. The ice cream is a Pink Petticoat download, as well as the sentiment. Then I just used a circle punch for the black and a scalloped circle punch for the red and pop-dotted the ice cream. The ribbon is from Michael's. Quick and easy day.



And of course a rhinestone cherry on top of it all! Ice cream sounds good right now I think, but it's way to early for that!

Juls had asked me what size my cards are awhile back, and normally I almost always made A2 sized cards. I do like to make some 5x5 ones sometimes too tho. Anyway, on my last paper run at Xpedx I found these cute little envelopes that are about 31/2 x 4 1/2-ish, so I've been making cards that fit them. I do better with a smaller canvas to work with usually. I think that's mostly why I don't do any scrapbooking anymore. The best book I think I did was my mom's vintage book that is 8x8. There were some really, really old pics that I worked with on that one. Anyway, hope that answer your questions about that.

There were hot air balloons flying over the road I take into work this morning, but they were really low! They are almost always out on Friday mornings and it's a little cloudy today, so I was surprised. I tried to take a pic with my phone, but it didn't turn out good and looks farther away that it really was. Riding in a hot air balloon is not something that I care to do in my lifetime I don't think.

It is Friday Eve - and that's a good thing for sure. I believe there's a new Grey's on tonite that falls over into Private Practice. Not thrilled anymore with either show, but I'll tune in and see what it's about anyway perhaps. I didn't watch Top Chef last nite, so I've gotta get caught up on that too, as well as Hell's Kitchen.

I hope you have a great day - take care and thanks for the great comments, I am feeling a bit better so keep the comments coming!

Peace and Luv,

7 comments :

JULS~ said...

Hi Jeannie,

The 5x5 cards sound really cute being square! {I am so limited on my supplies!} I would love to see what you did for your mom's vintage book -- I'll bet it is darling. If you want to email me when you get a chance, that would be awesome! {BTW - I posted the enchilada recipe on my blog for you ... but here's the website so you don't have to dig through all my *novels* to find it!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=226678

Found the recipe online! This is a low-fat version. A few things I changed while cooking: used 1 pckg. chicken breast (4 pcs) w/o bone, did not use low-fat products w/ exception of 2% milk, used a mixed package of pre-shredded cheese, used 2 eggs not the egg substitute, and dipped the tortillas in the same water that the chicken was prepared in for extra flavor!

JULS~ said...

Okay, Jeannie! What's the secret in getting your hearts to look all perfectly positioned?!?! ;)

Carol Dee said...

Sweet Valentine.

I agree...no hot air balloons, bungy jumping or sky diving for me!


Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is the cutest.

shawn said...

"LOVE" the card.. I love that you used a bag for the paper.. and I love square cards too.. don't do them much.. but still
AND HAPPY FRIDAY EVE to you too!!

ChristineCreations said...

Totally Adorable Jeannie - with a capital A! And wow your pics look completely awesome....just had to say that again!

Elena said...

Very creative card! Love the background you created!!!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs