Listen to your heart.....well sometimes that works for us and sometimes it doesn't, am I right? When I looked at the musical notes on this heart sticker that was what I thought of tho. I'm not sure I really can say I'm crazy about this layout that I came up with, but it is what it is. The cardstock is So Saffron, black and cream and the DP is K&Company's Que Sera Sera. Not sure where I got the sticker from, or the green staples for that matter. I used the same ribbon from yesterday, which is from Michael's and then a bit of crochet thread and a black square rhinestone. Let me know what you think.


Just look at this pile of goodies I received in the mail!! I joined a Valentine swap and I was so excited to find this box of great stuff from Cara. Check out her blog called What's Next Girls
about her great family and she also posted the stuff I sent her! Thanks so very much Cara - I luv, luv it all - you rock!!!!

So that was my special and good news and so as mentioned yesterday, I do have a bit of bad news to report regarding Neal's sister Lori. I think I've mentioned about how she was diagnosed with cervical cancer last fall. Well they got it, which was great, but 2 weeks later she has pain in her shoulder and now its in the lymphnodes. They've been trying different chemo treatments since then and all have made her so sick that she's been in and out of the hospital more times that you can imagine. Well Sunday with more extreme pain in her chest and stomach we find out she has a blood clot in her lungs and they are filling up with fluid. She and the family decided she's had enough and she's now letting hospice take over. It's just so absolutely amazing to me how quickly this awful poison takes over a persons body. She's 54. There were 5 siblings and, having lost their brother in November this has just been extremely overwhelming, as you can imagine. So I'd just ask that if you could send some good thoughts out to help ease her pain and help her thru her remaining time here on this earth, I would so appreciate it.

Much Peace and Luv to all of you!!

5 comments :

Carol Dee said...

Pretty card.

Lori will be in my thoughts and prayers. As will be Neal, 1st his brother and now a sister gravely ill. Too much sadness :(

Great stuff from Cara. Fun swap. :)

Hugs

cara said...

glad you got your package! I will be praying for your family.

JULS~ said...

Jeannie, You and Cara spoiled each other! I'm totally jealous of all the stuff you sent each other ;) I like your *listen to your heart* card, kinda contemporary, very clean.

Also, I'm very sorry to hear the tragic & saddening news about your sister-in-law, Lori. ... I hope that God provides her with strength & that the hospice will help ease her pain. So sorry for your family, Jeannie ...

Elena said...

Your card is amazing, Jeannie!
I will keep Lori in my thoughts... Sorry to hear these bad news...

Cindy Haffner said...

Great goodies, i LOVE your card, great mix of paper. So lovely.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs