Hi there and happy Monday?! Oh well, I feel like c-r-a-p today so lets just embrace the day for what it is right? Whatev. Ya gotta laugh at yourself sometimes. Anyway, how about some bugs and kisses to cheer everybody up? The card base cardstock is called Sunflower, the rest are just scraps. He's a Pink Petticoat small snail and a big Prisma flower, some ribbons and rhinestones, a big brad and that's about it on this one. Neal's daughter wants to get a snail because they have one in one of her classes at school. They looked at PetSmart but couldn't find one, (thank goodness - ick!).

This is a card I made for a guy co-worker's birthday. The cardstock I used is Close to Cocoa, Brocade and cream, some ribbon and markers and then some Frosted Lace Stickles for the frosting. I have all of my co-worker's birthdays on my calendar now and plan to make one for everybody this year.

Here's a close-up of the glittery frosting. I just about always need something sparkly on my cards, even if it is for a guy!

I went to the grand opening of a new shop on Friday after work. It was a longer drive than I thought it would be, but then again it was 4:30 so there was the work traffic to deal with. It's small but cute and I bought a couple things. They did say that they will be getting lots more in and they are a nice group of gals. They had a good turn out so I hope it does well for them. I still need an Archiver's here tho to make me happy, or something equal to it, sorry.

I joined a Valentine swap on a blog (that I really don't remember doing - how old am I?) so I've got to get that package in the mail to go to Texas this week. What else - the 11th there is a card swap that I need to finish a dozen cards for and I've got a handful of birthdays coming up I've got to get cards done for too, the party never ends!

I do hope you have a great day and drop me a comment if you're here visiting, I do appreciate and look forward to them very much.

Peace and Luv,

7 comments :

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your yummy card Jeannie.

Carol Dee said...

Cute snail.
Love the sparkly frosting.
I did not watch "the Game" but knew you'd be cheering for AZ. Oh-darn. It must have been an exciting game though judging by the score!
Well it is Ground Hog Day. So much for it being a cloudy day. :( It looks like 6 more weeks of winter. Pooh.

shawn said...

OH I love the snail card.. they are cute.. BUT I would NEVER want one.. those or hermit crabs.. ICK ICK ICK... AND I love the "guy" card.. very nice!! someone is lucky!!
Hope you are feeling better!

What's next said...

I'm your swap partner from Texas... glad you're swapping even though you didn't remember.. that is exactly something I would do. Love all your cards, cute. cute.cute...
Getting your box in the mail tomorrow!
Feel better!
Cara

JULS~ said...

Jeannie-girl! What a cute card for your co-worker! I don't know how you keep cranking them out! Plus, you're gonna do a card for everyone's b'day! Very sweet!

I didn't do anything today except write a depressing story in my blog. It really makes me sad! And now I feel like Debbie-Downer. I was supposed to do a Bird themed scrapbook challenge but wound up writing another *novel* on my blog. lol ...

You feel like I felt over the weekend! *Wahhhh- W a a a h h h* Umm, Debbie, could you please leave the room? ;)

{Hugs-n-Luv}

Elena said...

The bug card is so adorable! Love the sparkles on the cupcake!

Enfys said...

Cute cute cute. The bug is just lovely, sitting there with that great big prima flower. Lovely idea.
hugs
Enfys

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs