Hello and Happy Monday! This is what I call a cheater card because I didn't do too much on my own really. These are some notecards that I picked up at the Dollar Tree (8 notecards and envies for $1) that I tore apart and put back together with some Perfect Plum and Teal cardstock and Memory Boutique DP. I cut a second dragonfly out to pop-dot and glitter up and then just added some ribbon and rhinestones. Below is a close-up of how it looks.

My inspiration for this card are the gorgeous fairy's wings in the picture below, altho I'd like to believe that she looks more like a dragonfly. She was at the Renaissance Fair that we went to on Saturday and I was completely in awe of her, she was absolutely gorgeous and sparkly.

My apple dumpling eating an apple dumpling and ice cream. We had some gorgeous weather for it!


Here I am learning how to weave. The lady had lots of patience with me and I loved learning how to do it.

This funky lady was on top of one of the houses, but the dragonfly wings of course caught my attention.
And who wouldn't like to throw tomatoes at a guy who's insulting you right?!! I think we all need one of these somewhere close by to use on any given day!

Like I said we had an awesome time, the weather was great and for opening day it wasn't very crowded at all. I enjoyed seeing all of the ladies dressed up in those gorgeous dresses, but I'm not sure if I could choose an era I'd like to go back to that this would be the one. Still I'm intrigued by it all.

So Friday nite we did do some painting. What we did was paint 2 different walls 2 different colors. I'd take pics but unless you're standing in the room they wouldn't make sense. When we got the townhouse it was painted kind of a sagey avocadoy green, which is great, but we wanted to add some color and step it up a notch. So we painted one wall a rich red almost burgundy, by the dining room/kitchen and then another one a deep orangey/squashy color that's in the living room. We wanted some color and boy now we've got it, but we luv it!

I've got some other stuff to share with you too, some good, some bad, but I'll save it for now and start to get something constructive done here today. I do hope your day goes well tho, thanks for visiting, and drop me a line to let me know you were here!

Peace and Luv,

8 comments :

Carol Dee said...

I am here! I come by to check every day :)

Love the fun snapshots. Looks like you had a nice weekend.

We had a warm and MUDDY weekend here. Nice to get some snow and ice melted.

I LOVE your card today. I CHEAT alot, especially when I wait until I need a card NOW...that is why I save so many acards I get from crafty friends and my Sis. Just pull them apart, remount, new sentiment and VIOLA a new card from ME !!! (Is that bad?) hehe

Happy Monday, Hugs

JULS~ said...

OMG Jeannie! This tops my list of favorite projects you've done! What wonderful inspiration & FUN you had there! I think the lettering you did, colors, layout, sparklies, everything is GORGEOUS! Very cool!

What's next said...

If I had your email I can't find it... but I got my pkg today and LOVE it, what a great treat to come home to sweet treats!! I posted about it on my blog...
http://whatsnextgirls.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentine-goodies.html
Thank you so much. I can't get over all your cute, cute cards! I buy the stamps and never do it... I need lessons...
thanks again,
Cara

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun pictures, and love your card. Have an awesome week, Hugs Cindy

Elena said...

Wow! This card is absolutely amazing!!! Dragonfly is a piece of an art! You should frame this card, Jeannie!
Thank you for sharing great pictures!

ChristineCreations said...

What a gorgeous card...and what a cool post! So neat to see the Rennaisance fair pics.

But the glitter and dimension on that dragonfly is amazing!

Jean said...

Hi Jeannie just had to write and tell you I miss AZ I used to live right there in Gold Canyon where the festival is, I loved it there. So glad you posted these pictures and your cards are fabulous!

Jenny Gropp said...

Fun pics! The weaving looks interesting!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs