My beautiful birthday roses from my sweet Neal were my inspiration tonight. The color is so off the charts that I had a hard time finding paper to match it, so I was all over the board with what I used. The cardstock is Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango, white and black. The stamp I used for the winged heart is from Inque Boutique, the roses from the Water Color mini's set. The love silver sticky is from Colorbok. I also used Color Box Charcoal Chalk, the Cameo Coral marker, Copic E00 sketch marker, Groovy Guava ink, black sheer ribbon, rhinestones and many pop-dots. Not sure where the pink and orange dotted paper came from.

I hope you like it. I'm not crazy with myself this week so I'm not especially thrilled with it, but let me know what you think about it.

It's a little after 9 tonight. We had a quick dinner and we watched Top Chef while we were eating, nothing too wild and crazy on there, but I do like that show very much and I'm kinda glad the gal (Ariane or something like that) is gone, her eyes kinda creeped me out. Now we're watching True Beauty that we recorded the other nite - more hilariousness and cheap entertainment. I did catch some of American Idol last nite, oy!!

I feel so bad for those of you living in the midwest right now. I just keep hearing about the fridgid cold and snow and shutdowns. I remember all of that very well so just be careful and take care of yourselves!

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

Carol Dee said...

The roses are beautiful, they remind me of the ones I carried 32 years ago for my wedding.

I like the 3 dementional roses on the winged heart.

Thanks for the warm thought, we really are in the deep freeze. No school again today. Bus problems. Not to mention my van will not start, hope I do not have to go anyplace until it warms up.

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, sweet.

shawn said...

Very beautiful roses!! lucky you.. and lucky you for being somewhere warm!! -20 this AM and that was WITHOUT windchill.. it was -40 with WC... ick ick ick!!

JULS~ said...

Jeannie! I love the layout of your card & interesting mix of color. The black pops it & I adore the winged heart! Hey gurl, check out the cute pic I found online last nite & listen to the song I picked for it! I have to figure out sumthin' to do with it!

Elena said...

The roses are very beautiful! Love your card! So elegant and gentle at the same time!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs