Hi there - wow what a day! Here are the only 3 cards I made this weekend. Geez I'm so lame! I can already see the writing on the wall that I am not going to accomplish all that I wanted this week, and I probably did set the bar to high for myself, but if I kept my butt home for awhile and stopped shopping maybe I could!

Anyway, I used the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and to tell you the truth I think that these stamps just look kind of lonely and sad on their own and haven't used them a whole lot. So I decided to try duplicate stamping with different colors and this is what I came up with. This first one is my favorite, and Neal sez is the most "me". I think it kind of looks like a bunch of lavender and so I did the leaf stamp first in Kiwi Kiss and then the flower stamp in Perfect Plum. I used an exacto knife and cut little slits to put the purple twine around the bunch of flowers and tied a bow. Besides then using the same color cardstock (Kiwi Kiss and Perfect Plum) the green patterned paper, which this one is also embossed, is from Memory Boutique. Then I used 2 brushed gold brads and some pop-dots.

This one I like and kind of looks retro to me. Neal liked the colors, which makes sense since he luvs orange. I should have added some avocado green and it would look like my mom's kitchen in the 70's! It is fun tho and the ink I used is Groovy Guava and So Saffron, while the cardstock is Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun, somehow they work together. Then some shimmery golden ribbon, some flower rhinestones and my dragonfly punch. The patterned papers are also Memory Boutique.



This third one is Purely Pomegranate and Pacific Point, ink and cardstock and more Memory Boutique patterned paper. Neal said this one looks like a grandma card. What?! Oy, men! Anyway, there's some shimmery cream ribbon, pink rhinestones and the flower is a Sizzlits die cut. So then let's talk about the blue bow, ya. Ok, so I was walking around the warehouse at work and found a shelf full of spools of unused dusty lonely wire. So me being crafty and all (hee, hee) I'm wondering what I can do with it, right, and then I spot this blue and decide geez that looks like the new Pacific Point color! So I ask the manager if I can take a little snippet and low and behold when I get home and compare them tah-dah looky, looky it's spot on! And being that's it wire it bends and stays where you want it! I also used a little bit of it to tie the flower onto the ribbon. I'll have to spend a little bit more time out in the warehouse I think!

It's been a busy day and here and I think you've heard enough of my ramblings for today and since it is supper time already, I'll save the rest of today's escapades for tomorrow, so you can call this a Monday Part 1 post to be continued tomorrow! Let's hope tomorrow is a little less hectic! How do I find time to work? I'm too busy to go back to work next week!

Peace and Luv!

3 comments :

Carol Dee said...

I love the cards, especially the
1st one. I have this set and have not had luck using it yet, Thanks for the great ideas. :)

I still have this week off. So much to do here but went shopping today instead... hehe.

Maybe tomorrow I will clean here, shop for New Years party, etc.
My husbands cousin passed away this morning so Friday we have family funeral, lunceon, etc. Not how I hoped to spend time this week.

Guess I should try to come up with a quick easy Sympathy card to make 6 of tonight. I really want to get them in the mail.

I'll check back to see more tomorrow~ Happy Stamping.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Hugs...CAROL DEE

Elena said...

These cards are so beautiful! I love how you combined two stamps on the first card! Love the layout and colors on the second! Love the ribbon and the rhinestones you added on the third card!

Sam said...

at least you made more than me!!! I am at my parents and thus awol from my crafty table!!

Love the pumokin pie card!1

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs