Hi there! Today I made 3 cards from one patterned piece of paper from KI Images, called Alpine Multi Stripe. I didn't use any stamps (shame on me), but anyway this first one I used Riding Hood Red, Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel and white, a Sizzlits heart, some twine and a red heart rhinestone.

This next one I used some Sizzlits letters and heart and tied it up with some ribbon. The cardstock for the card itself and the letters are Brocade Blue.

The last one is kinda hard to see, but I used Close to Cocoa and Baja Breeze cardstock, some thin off white ribbon, 4 blue rhinestones and the snowflakes are also Sizzlits. This was a fun little project. Now I'll just have to send them out to people I know that actually have snow! Anybody interested?

I did a little shopping this morning, crazy as that idea was. I didn't stay out long, just hit Penney's and Joann's and then I got a splitting headache, ran thru Mickey D's drive thru for some iced coffee, came home and took an aspirin and laid down with a movie and napped for about a half an hour. It was gone when I woke up, so that's when I whipped these 3 cards out. We had some little steaks on the grill (sorry) and some leftover sides and now we're getting ready to watch Burn After Reading. It's actually supposed to get down to like 38 tonight - yikes!!

So I've been cleaning out my filing cabinets and straightening a little bit and I'm thinking about what I might do next. When I start looking thru magazines and layouts I've saved, my head starts spinning in many directions. How about a whole month of Dragonflies? Maybe.

Anyway, I hope you had a good Friday, not sure if I'll post over the weekend or not. I may just build up my inventory. So thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend if I don't post until Monday and take care.

Peace and Luv,

5 comments :

shawn said...

Great cards.. I hit a few stores yesterday as well.. Target was dead when I was there!!
You need to toughen up a little!! it got to 41 yesterday.. you wouldn't believe the people without coats on!!
Hannah got Grease and we watched that last night.. We have tickets to see Grease next week.. so thought we would preview what it was all about for her!!
Have a fab rest of the weekend..
I am off to sort/clean/pack some of the Christmas decorations!! (I have WAY too many boxes and want to get them more organized)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cards, especially the cute mugs and the one with snowpeople and snowflakes.

Need some one to mail it to? :)
We are having a thaw today. It was 54 degrees when we got up! What a sloppy mess. But some ice is going off the roads and walkways. That is a GOOD thing. Because it is dropping back to normal already. We should be back into the 20s the next week.

More Soon, CAROL DEE

Carol Dee said...

I had someone at the door before I was finished earlier !

I'd love one of your cards someday!

Today I made some really cute Thank You cards with Penny Black stamps and Bo Bunny paper. I hope to get one or 2 posted to S,U, BEFORE they are all sent out. Like I forgot to post ANY of the 30 cards I made for Christmas. I just got so excited to have them done, I addressed and mailed them BEFORE I even thought to put them on Splitcoast. Oh-Well.

Have a Great Weekend.

Hugs...CAROL DEE

Elena said...

These cards are amazing! Even without stamping they look great! Very prtty DP! You are so talented Jeannie!

Karen ~ said...

Hi Jeannie! I just caught up on about two-weeks' worth of your posts. I had coffee with Shawn this morning and she reminded me that I hadn't been here for a while.

First off, I love your cards - your taste matches mine perfectly, I am always so impressed with your creativity!

Second off, how strange about the Chemo-Angel thing; I don't quite know why someone would NOT want to receive notes of cheer - even from a stranger - as they go through chemo. Oh well, you were doing a wonderfully generous thing, and we can't always know the reasons behind others' actions. Don't feel bad!

Third, that refrigerator thing *was* strange on Top Chef, and I was suprised - disappointed - that they didn't thank the other chefs more publicly for all the help which landed both of them in the top 3. I think it was an accident, I don't suspect the producers of sabotauge (or however you spell it) but on the other hand I bet the camera-people noticed and didn't say or do anything. Which I guess they can't. But still.

Fourth off, I am also glad Michelle won - I actually didn't watch the final episode, didn't care all that much. But I didn't want that other one (whose name I can't even remember now) to win! Two women winners in a row!

Fifthly, your flower arrangement on the mantle is GORGEOUS! Your skills go beyond card-making!

OK, I think that's it for now :-) Happy New Year!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs