Boy cards. I didn't intend it, but whenever I use this set of stamps it seems that's what I come up with. This is the Moose You set and for all of them I used The Greengrocer's Brown Bag handtinted paper with matching envelopes somewhere within the cards. The cardstock for this one is More Mustard and then the leaf patterned paper is from K&Company. Some twine, buttons and Offray brown grosgrain ribbon. The ink is Always Artichoke.

Such a deer is done with Close to Cocoa ink, Always Artichoke for the leaf. The patterned paper is Once Upon a Time, the blue is the tinted brown bag. Cardstock is Close to Cocoa and Really Rust. Then more brown ribbon and silver sticky studs.

Stuck on you was inked in Blue Bayou ink, and more Always Artichoke leaves. The background brown is tinted brown bag, the cardstock is Blue Bayou. The patterned paper from Memory Boutique. Silver buckle from Joann's, and 3 big sticky studs.

So here it is 10 at night already. Tomorrow I'm staying home for sure. We're going out to dinner at 8, but then coming home after that. We have a gift certificate to use. The place is called the Bada Boom Pasta Room. Luv the name. Hope the food is good.

So yesterday I didn't finish telling you about my day. I went to Xpedx for some papers and envelopes. The guy working there was trying to get me to buy all of their clearance rack for $80 bucks. If I had the room I most certainly would. With most of my cards I use patterned paper and either Bazzill or Stampin' up cardstock, but the white and off white I use are 80 lb. papers. This paper is awesome and comes in so many colors, some textures, some even glittery. I always shop the clearance racks anyway and so I got reams of paper, which is 250 sheets originally $60 a ream for $5. I stocked up for sure. So I can make many, many, many cards for litterally pennies. The envelopes as well were $5 a box. A6 envelopes - 250 per box. If you have one near you, don't walk - run!!

We also went to IKEA yesterday. If you don't know what it is, and I didn't before I moved here to AZ, it's another of my favorite places to now shop. All kinds of home furnishings, candles, kitchen stuff, I could go on and on and spend many hours there, and we almost always do. Anyway, I spotted a picture I wanted for the bedroom. It's a huge black and white, probably taken in Paris or someplace somewhere and then there's a bicycle on a bridge in the middle of it and it's red. Our bedroom has a red comforter and stuff so it's perfect. Well it didn't fit in Neal's car. He wanted to return it but I wanted it. So here we are strapping it to the top of the car and now we're trying to drive down the road, each of us with one arm out holding onto to it so that it doesn't become a surfboard. We can't go over 30 and it's in Tempe. We live in Phoenix and this isn't fun. We tried to laugh, but we were mostly just annoyed. After about a half an hour he called his sister to come and rescue us and she put it in her car and brought it back to our place for us. Now we can take the highway, and we're home in 20 minutes. Thank goodness, or we'd still be driving. What an afternoon! But it's a great picture - really!!

It's the last day of 2008. So much has happened this year to so many of my friends and family and myself and the world seems to be in so much distress right now that I can only hope that 2009 will be better for us all. Hope is a beautiful thing and we've got to just keep thinking postive. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I do plan on staying in so I have no excuse not to post something!

Peace and Luv!

4 comments :

Carol Dee said...

OMG, I can just see that car with a big picture on top! And knowing how long it can take to get around Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix it is a good thing you called in the help.

Love your cards today. I wanted that set, but passed. Oh-well. I just have so many stamps I seldom use, that sometimes I have to resist. (Like that happens very often!!!)

The nearest IKEA store is 158 miles away. I have not gotten there yet. I REALLY want to. The prices are good and I love their storage systems. I need to organize more.

Yesterday I got the main level cleaned, company coming tonight. Today I want to START on the craft room.

We do not have a Xpedx in this area. I had never heard of them, either. Would be a bargain hunters dream come true. I really hate the price for the envelopes at Office Max and Staples.

Enjoy your time AT HOME today.
Happy New Year (2009 just HAS to be BETTER, right?)

Hugs, Carol Dee

Cindy Haffner said...

These are all so cute, TFS.

Elena said...

These cards are so cute!
The stamps are so much fun! Love the design of your cards!
Happy New Year!

shawn said...

OK.. I can almost relate.. Our IKEA is just across town.. so usually I end up sending Pat home to get the truck... At least it wasn't a mattress!!!
The cards are great!! I have the set.. and never think of using it!! BUT had to have it!! You know how that goes.. right???
How was the resturant?? The name is great!! I will agree!!
I can't wait to see more "penny" cards by the way!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs